Anyone having problems with BT billing for broadband?

Lauren

I signed up for BT Broadband a few months ago for their discounted rate of 15 Euro per month. To date I have yet to receive a correct bill for that amount. They keep double charging me for the installation and over charging for the actual service. When I eventually got through to them a very helpful girl did assist and spent ages trying to work out the problem. I think last months mess is resolved but its happened so often now I'm thinking of cancelling the service. Anyone else experienced the same?

Not quite the same thing, but they insist on charging me 13-15 Euro as a 'misc' charge after I cancelled my account with them, took 7 weeks to resolve, finally got a cheque from them, only to discover they took more money from me, Spoke to them again and they were very very sorry, I went to the top in my case as customer service seems somewhat non-existant to be honest.

There is at least one other thread on this board berating ESAT/BT for rubbish customer service.

In my own case, they switched off outbound calls for me because my account was overdue because they stopped presenting direct debits for payment. It took me some time to get that sorted out.

It is just inertia that has stopped me switching to another service provider, i.e. other than them or eircom.

I've already posted regarding their appalling service and am currently in dispute with them- and I am a customer of 2 months standing. I won't go into details but suffice to say that it's the worst customer service I've ever had the misfortune to avail of.

I can't believe they STILL haven't sorted out their dire billing system. I stopped my BB with them about six months ago. I got another bill last week for minus €300 odd.

Maybe they take from the rich and give to the poor :D

Im with them 3 months and am genuinely full of praise for their tech service if not their billing. They did initially have me on a higher service then I requested, (thanks to someone here who put me on to it), but theyve been fine apart from that.
Im especially happy with the second router they sent out last week after thanking me for deciding to apply for broadband with them (again). How nice.

In my previous job we found that they were not billing/charging us at all for our leased line for about two years. When they discovered the mistake they settled for a fraction of what was owed (the company was severely cash strapped) and we then terminated the agreement and moved to Irish Broadband for a fraction of the price.

ClubMan said:
In my previous job we found that they were not billing/charging us at all for our leased line for about two years. When they discovered the mistake they settled for a fraction of what was owed (the company was severely cash strapped) and we then terminated the agreement and moved to Irish Broadband for a fraction of the price.

Hmmmmmmm :( , the company did not know what a provision was did it as in like was it cash strapped when it entered into a contract for a service it knew it could not pay for ???? .

No - they weren't cash strapped when they entered into the contract and never traded recklessly/fraudulently (just about).

I changed to bt bb about two weeks ago. also got for bill for €50 'self connection' ((which as stated in the terms) but also got full whack for two months rental for bb of €40 ( rental +bb) their 'deal'stated that the first 4 months for bb+rental was €25 so I am currently overcharged €30. I sent them an email and got the usual automatic reply saying they would come back within 4 days must check out emails now. but I doubt there is anything there. Also Pigsback have stated that they are discontinuing their €9.99 for 27 hours deals on 31st december, and the final bill will be in January but I thought they charged a months advance at the beginning. nearly sure of it.

cuchulainn,

suggest you call them to ensure your complaint is properly recorded. Any e-mails I sent originally were responded to automatically (or so it seemed) so I wasn't satisfied that a 'human' had read the complaint properly and dealt with it. I never really received a satisfactory response to any e-mails. When I eventually got through to them on the phone (be prepared to wait a while) the staff were sympathetic and helpful. They agreed the billing system is a nightmare. For example they cannot actually see the bill that I received, they apparently have to look at multiple systems raw data to determine what I was billed and through some detective work they can actually work out what the overcharge was. The girl I spoke to alluded to the fact that despite advertised 'offers' full service charges were being applied until queried. Given the extent of overcharing I hope all consumers are realising this and complaining!

Has anyone actually signed up for a deal and been billed properly for it?

I'm approaching the end of a 12-month contract and, while their tech support has been great on the one or two occasions I've needed it, their billing ops/customer service have been consistently disastrous. They've cocked up every single thing you'd think possible, and then some. Hours of holding on the phone and repeated emails, and then the next bi-monthly bill comes (or not) and it's back to square one... :mad:

I'd advise anyone trying to get satisfaction to address their queries/complaints directly to [email protected] (Customer Care 'Team Leader') and to the 'main man', [email protected].

I'm getting onto Bill straight away!

Actually my email was returned,"did not like recipient"

Not really - it's Bill that the SMTP server doesn't like. It probably still likes you though.

Oh that's ok so, I'm having feelings of self loathing as it is and that really didn't help my self esteem............

Something like this:

"Meanwhile, Mark Roberts was told by a sulky mail server that his mesage could not be delivered becuase "207.171.0.250 does not like recipient."

Back