Anyone have an NIB mortgage

• Thread starter niallquinnspants
  • Start date
N

niallquinnspants

Guys

Myself and the wifey are looking at NIB for our mortgage, (Offset), is there anyone who has NIB for their mortgage, any good or bad reports??

Thanks

Have dealt with NIB for mortgages ( I am a broker) I find them quite good. Bit picky in terms of meeting their criteria, but very efficient in paperwork, etc.

Hi Niall

I am currently switching from BOI after 20years +, to NIB and so far so good. Mortgage and all!!

They offer free banking, A tracker mortgage of 2.79 compared to my current 3.6% mortgage and they are paying 600e towards my legal fees.

I should only have to cover about 250e myself but will save approx 7Ke in interest and 150e+ pa in Bank charges. I cant wait to have it all completed. Two and half wks in and should be signing with my solicitor on monday.
Also I am very impressed with their Online facility as I do all my banking online. You can even view your mortgage account online which I couldnt do with the BOI.This tracker is based on my mortgage being <60% of LTV rate.

Hope this is of help!!

Did you do the calculations to ensure that the offset will actually save you money (given that you can probably get a slightly lower rate from them on their straight tracker mortgage)?

I have an NIB mortgage since '91

Never had a problem with NIB.

Am on the tracker now c. 2.8%

no complaints!

Issue with us and the tracker is that we need more that the 60% so I don't think we can get a tracker mortgage?

They seem to be good besides, but with what MunsterMan says that you actually work out paying more I am not sure if it is as good as they say!

Pants you can get a tracker rate of 3.05% with ulsterbank and have an ltv of greater than 60% I think

MunsterMan - Checked with then there it is:

Flexible Tracker Mortgage < 60% Interest 3.0%

Flexible Tracker Mortgage 60% - 92% Interest Rate 3.2%

Hi there,

i checked with NIB and if your LTV is between 60-80% then the tracker rate is 2.99%

Back