Anyone else have trouble with Sharewatch online platform?

Peter from Sharewatch here. It has been a while since I was on the board but glad to see it is as busy as ever. One of the contributors below gave me a gentle reminder to pay a visit so here I am. I have taken note of the various issues below and will try and contact each and every person via private message (pm). Also readers are more than welcome to contact me any time if they have any questions or queries.

Peter , this is all well and good, I waited eagerly to see if we woulod indeed receive a PM as stated above but unsurprisingly to be honest, I personally have heard nothing from you,

As regards future plans for the company, these are good to have but I imagine keeping current customers and generating new ones one be of more importance and therefore would plead with you to prioritise this,
I am only with you less than a year and to be honest, I think I would rather pay higher fees than to use the Sharewatch service again unless something drastically improves!

got to agree with you tonster1....i told my father to join up to sharewatch last year...i wont be telling anybody else unless things drastically change....but, its like listening to an old tune now...............

i dont think ive ever seen anybody compaining about any other stockbroker here...that says a lot.

Please understand that I cannot answer all the questions above without turning this into a very long advert/sales pitch but happy to try and address some in general.
The key point is that we will soon be providing a more expansive and better service with better internal and external software and keeping our low cost pricing strategy.
Our new trading software will offer clients the ability to buys shares in 45 different markets and see the transactions on one client platform - at present the existing client back office only displays the Irish & UK transactions (US trades are not recorded here and this often cause confusion with clients). With many new systems available internally certain manual procedures will now become automated. Pricing structure for Irish and UK trades (although not completely finalised for ‘additional services’) will remain more or less the same.
It is not for me to Disclose what other brokers are using the same system but RedDevil’s post above maybe helpful – cannot confirm the two he mentioned but know one of the other big Irish brokers (not mentioned) use exactly the same system.
I hope this goes some way towards answering a few of the questions above. As always if anybody has any queries you can contact me privately (PM) via this board and I will do my best to assist. peter
Hello Peter, I have been trading with sharewatch for 6 months and am interested in finding out the following, will i still be able to day trade frequently with iseq and ftse stock with sharewatch via the same freephone number,will the 0.4% buy and sell broker charge remain, Could you give relevent phone numbers including freefone numbers to sharewatchs new platform for buy and sell of stock, thanks.

I have to repeat my earlier post about Sharewatch. I just traded with them this morning over the phone. No problems & they did in a jiffy which is great. However, I'm aghast at how little security information is asked of me when I call them.

All they ask for is my client ID. No passwords, no security questions. And every time I've called I've been ask to confirm my name after it is called out to me which makes no sense.

Am I alone in finding this hard to fathom?

I despair with Sharewatch at this stage

I will not bother to list all their errors

Can anyone tell me how I can check My Personal Crest Account independently of them

So that I know that They have actually bought the share I am supposed to have traded

I despair with Sharewatch at this stage

I will not bother to list all their errors

Can anyone tell me how I can check My Personal Crest Account independently of them

So that I know that They have actually bought the share I am supposed to have traded
Still waiting for my crest cert from shares bought over a month ago, didnt have a problem before, used to get crest cert withinn a couple of weeks before, I also asked about new trading platform and when it would be Launched and was told that they have no date set yet? I asked would i be able to buy stock from sharewatch when new platform was launched and was told only with the new platform so seems sharewatch will be handing all trading of stocks over to new outfit, wonder how smoothly this switchover will be with traders accounts?

Back