Anyone else have trouble with Sharewatch online platform?

tonster01

I have recently changed brokers to Sharewatch,

Whilst the set up of the account was smooth and *************************,

Dealing with them seems to be, well...quite the opposite!

I have bought shares weeks ago over the phone after not being able to trade online as the platform simply wouldnt let me...fault of theirs!

Then now that I traded over the phone, my valuation for my portfolio remains the same and makes me wonder whether or not I have actually purchased these at all!

I have emailed them..of course no response,

I also rang them and they said my account would be updated by the close of business that day...2 weeks ago..

Just wondering if any one else if having the same issues and are we as well paying more for a higher priced broker which may be a bit more professional in terms of technology as well as customer care.

Tonster - I can sympathise with you there. The platform is all in a mess. It does not seem to be the most smooth running, stress-free broker to deal with. I, too, have experienced problems with them.

It was crest membership that was the underlying reason for joining.
I would certainly ( and others I have spoken to ) have expected a more professionaly run outfit than have witnessed.

The IT dept leaves a lot to be desired! I think I would rather pay higher fees to a broker which inspires confidence.

In this day and age, I would not have thought that it's rocket science to have a platform that shows a true P&L balance?!! As for customer care, "who cares?" might be an apt company slogan.
I am wating until such a time that the whole thing works...which may or not happen. I think that the company could certainly do with a kick up the proverbial. Meantime, I will deal with other brokers, and pay the higher fees!

I've found their online platform to be very poor and misleading.
There have been problems trading online - so much so that I now deal with them by phone.

There have also been problems with trade reconciliation, which is rather worrying.

On the bright side they are generally very helpful when you contact them.

This state of affairs has led me to investigate an alternative Irish share dealing service.

At the moment I am trying to check out NIB's service. I intended to open one of their so-called "Prestige" accounts. Let's just say that, for the moment, they have made a very poor impression on me. That's before my even opening an account with them!

Can anyone recommend NIB's sharedealing service?

I trade with sharewatch and have had problems also, but to be fair when the mentioned problems occured they were promptly sorted out, I rang a few brokers here in ireland and couldnt believe what they were charging for commision etc, One broker one of the biggest in the countrys commision charges including stamp duty was a massive 790 euros with a 20k trade, I will have to cheak out selftrade as mentioned by mercman and see if a a/c ca be opened with them.

I have funds sitting in my account that I am unable to use. In fact, I can't even logon anymore. Password re-sets never come & even when I am logged on there has always been an 'error' that stops me trading. I haven't had the chance to call them and get it sorted.

Wish I'd never opened up an accout with them.

I have funds sitting in my account that I am unable to use. In fact, I can't even logon anymore. Password re-sets never come & even when I am logged on there has always been an 'error' that stops me trading. I haven't had the chance to call them and get it sorted.

Wish I'd never opened up an accout with them.
Hello Calico, I am just after reading your reply about sharewatch, i too have had a few issues with them, i choose not to trade with their online system but instead to phone trade you will also get a better price with them by phone trading, Untill i find a broker who charges fair commision rates i will keep trading with them, One broker here wanted 795 euros for a 20k stg trade would have left me 100 euros profit, brokers here are way too gready and woint be getting my buisness untill they charge fair commision rates regards alan.

would ye not condsider spread betting. no commision, no CGT, just pay the spread. dont believe people when they say its for gamblers - the stock market is a gamble whataver way you play it so why not play it the cheapest way possible and avoid brokers completely!!

would ye not condsider spread betting. no commision, no CGT, just pay the spread. dont believe people when they say its for gamblers - the stock market is a gamble whataver way you play it so why not play it the cheapest way possible and avoid brokers completely!!

Yes. I have a spreadbet account. But you can't get the dividends this way. Also, in addition to having to be right about the direction of the share you are spreadbetting, you have to get the timing right.

ben - who do you have the account with? timing doesnt have to be that important if you open a position on the farthest out contract

I am glad to see I am not alone on this,

I have rang to complain yesterday and was told someone would ring me right back...surprise surprise ...I am still waiting!

Has anyone else dealt with NIB's service offering?

I have been considering changing to them

this service sounds intolerable to me. in what is a risky business what you cannot afford is a crap trading platform. withdraw money and go to new brokers

The worst thing from my pov is that I tried to make a trade a couple of months ago, couldn't and ended up giving up. Now the stock is up 40%. I should have done it some other way I guess but still....

The worst thing from my pov is that I tried to make a trade a couple of months ago, couldn't and ended up giving up. Now the stock is up 40%. I should have done it some other way I guess but still....

Yes, I was in the same position, fortunately I have some consolation as I put a spread bet on..however I did lose out on the dividend aspect..its not all bad but I know for next time!

For those having probs with Sharewatch...
1) List down your concerns, then log on to their website.
2) click " help and support " and go to send an email. Choose "complaints" from the scroll down list.
3) Fire away with your list. I have - and HOPEFULLY someone will do something to change things around a bit - and take heed that the whole set - up is a complete f*** up, and needs sorting....this year sometime, maybe.
A pack of wolves work better than one on his own, if you get my meaning!

Tribal,

Have one with Delta. Generally do quarterly trades.
Forgot to mention that I normally use a stoploss too.
(Just got stopped out of a recent position too. Ouch!)

Sharewatch:
no response to emails--regular mistakes with online accounts--cheques sent in wrong currencies---delayed price feeds--changes in website-- without warning --very frustrating to deal with
Ned

i wanted to buy into the Iseq top 20 today on the online system, but for some reason, they wouldnt give me a price..
It wouldnt let me buy.
It said the market maker wouldnt give me a price..
What the hell is up with that?

Hi,

Just was reading some of the posts above..As a trader, I would just make the following points. Spreadbetting may appear like a cheaper trading option but the commission costs are hidden or embedded in the wide spreads. These tend to be more exorbitant than you actually realise. These costs mean that the trade has to move more in order for you to achieve profit and you know yourself when you are daytrading, this may mean the difference between a failed trade or a profitable one. The spreads are usually wide enough to cause novice traders to fail and have to deposit more and more cash. If you are one of the lucky ones making bags of cash, well then you need read no futher.
Online trading offers the low cost trading option..but this option is not for everyone. Trading involves alot of work. Money management is key. Knowing what size trades to use so you don't get margin calls is important...knowledge of alot of different markets...There are many different levels. For this reason, it is good to get advice from a broker. But I would spend time trying to find a good one. Not one that was telling me to buy banks and average down as they were going to the pits...A broker that is able to read markets properly.. If a broker is helping you achieve a 100% return on your account a year, you would not begrudge him a relatively good commission ..But alot of people think the Aldi option of low cost online will net them big time..I feel it doesn't ..Anyway, I would love to hear your opinions

Back