Any sign of annual RTB registration?

From the RTB website - began 4 April 2022

APRIL 4, 2022
Landlords Take Note: Tenancies Must Now be Registered Annually with the RTB
  • New legislation commencing today requires landlords to register their tenancies with the RTB every year, within one month of the anniversary of when the tenancy began.
See also from the Law Society
New annual registration measure for landlords
The bit I quoted earlier was literally from an email sent by the RTB on 2 January. I phoned them in early January to confirm this and they indeed confirmed it. It now looks like they lied.

They're clearly not fit for purpose.

The bit I quoted earlier was literally from an email sent by the RTB on 2 January. I phoned them in early January to confirm this and they indeed confirmed it. It now looks like they lied.

They're clearly not fit for purpose.
Either lied or somebody in the RTB mistakenly thought that annual registration had come in January. Based on previous experience with them, either is possible.

As you say, completely unfit for purpose.

Either lied or somebody in the RTB mistakenly thought that annual registration had come in January. Based on previous experience with them, either is possible.

As you say, completely unfit for purpose.
They literally put it in writing, in what looked like a mass email. And when I phoned them, they gave me the same information. I was waiting 55 minutes to get through to someone, and the lady told me they had been inundated with calls. So they obviously misled a lot more than me.

Registered my properties but on each occasion there was no option to pay the part IV . Have taken screenshots every time I go on to the RTB site as it says no fees are owed.
I’m sure Leo knows what’s going on, him being a landlord and all that, I’m sure he’s thinking the same, hopefully, that the RTB is not fit for purpose

They literally put it in writing, in what looked like a mass email. And when I phoned them, they gave me the same information. I was waiting 55 minutes to get through to someone, and the lady told me they had been inundated with calls. So they obviously misled a lot more than me.
Might have been an unofficial test run (& so lying to you)

I've had two months of emails back and forth with the RTB to convince them that a tenancy I was a landlord for had ceased.

In October sent me emails asking when I was re-registering and I told them that I had cc'd them on the termination of tenancy already early in 2023. Then they said I had to register on their crock of an IT system to confirm tenancy had ceased. I told them to take a hike and that they had all the information on their files already to do so.

Completely farcical but they have finally confirmed by email that the tenancy is off their system.

Back