Anxious bride seeks tanning solution

Maybe she could try Fakebake, ive tried just about every fake tan there is going and have found that this is very natural looking, it doesnt go orange at all. Would definitely need to practice with it though because a little goes a very long way. Apply at night and make sure to shower and exfoliate thoroughly before applying and dont put on any deoderant / moisturiser immediately before or after applying it because it reacts with the tan and turns your skin green!!!

If she does'nt want to be too dark, only use a tiny amount and dont be scared when you wake up looking black, once you shower most of it washes away leaving a nicely tanned look. Plus it lasts 5 days or so, so if she applied it a couple of days before her wedding it shouldnt stain her dress.

The trick to fake tan is practice practice and more practice, and exfoliating so it applies evenly.

Good luck!!

I tried Fake Bake myself last year and felt I went too dark for my colouring - I have very light green eyes so the contrast was a bit bizarre looking!

Kiddo said:
Maybe she should explain to her sisters that she doesn't want to wear fake tan and would prefer if they didn't...after all it is her day. Even if they do fake it she will look fantastic anyway...all brides do.;)

That was my thought too, I think the sisters could maybe be considerate of her wishes.

yeah the first few times i used it i did go quite dark, but got the hang of it in the end, it really is so hard to find the right fake tan if your very fair....hope she gets sorted out in the end, hate to see a bride getting stressed about something like this......god weddings are stressful enough!!!

I too am Irish milk bottle coloured and find Lancome Flash Bronzer (the milk, which is lighter than the gel) the best solution for me. Chat to the person in the department store, they're used to pale Irish people! If she is using it herself make sure she exfoliates and moisturises properly beforehand - as this is the best way to stop it streaking. I found the new Johnsons Holiday skin quite streaky, the Lancome is a far superior product IMHO!!!

Thanks again for all your suggestions. Myself and Miss Anxious will be kept busy for the next couple of weeks! I will let you know what she decides on ;)

I bought the Benefit Jiffy Tan yesterday and thankfully it's not like a typical fake tan. It's more like a tinted moisturiser with sparkles. Would probably rub onto the wedding dress if it's white.

I am very fair also and most fake tan's have looked terrible in the past but I found Minesol (cream) by ROC, very good. It doesn't come off once it's dry ( I have worn white with it) and there really isn't a smell off it at all. Everyone comments that I have a lovely tan and never realise that it's fake as it looks very natural. You need to build it up over a few applications. I always apply it using gloves as it does tend to stay on you hands, even if you wash them directly after. Hope she enjoys the day!

Hi Noor,

I tend to use the Loreal Sublime Bronze GEL - it's better than a spray or 'milk' type tan for staying on - you put it on the day or two beforehand, sleep in it (lots of old pyjamas!!) and then wash it off the next day. As one of the posters here said, exfoliating is incredibly important and for the areas around the elbows, feet, moisturize before you put any tan on. As your friend is pale, it might be a good idea for her to moisturize everywhere before putting any tan on as this will dilute the effect a bit. I'm not that pale so I don't know if it would suit her (and everyone seem to react to all fake tans differently), but she could always give it a try (ps: it's generally cheaper in Dunnes than Boots...)

Hi Norr,

Im back. The spray tan was excellent!

- Im normally a blue hue (as oppose to fair) so tan doesnt suit me, the "tan" makes my skin look creamy as oppose to brown.....I have definitely not been tangoed.
- Dried immediatedly (or at least after a minute I could get dressed and no stains on clothes)
- no streaks.

Im going back this friday for an all body for the wedding saturday

....a not so blue cas....

I've fair skin and not much of a tanning fan but I found ambre solaire spray tan quite good, it's cheapish too.

Ok, so I tried the Benefit Jiffy tan on my legs last night and my legs were streaky and orange so I'm not impressed.

Cahir said:
Ok, so I tried the Benefit Jiffy tan on my legs last night and my legs were streaky and orange so I'm not impressed.

Did you moisturise first Cahir?

Yep I used a dove moisturiser having first exfoliated in the shower. The tan itself is supposed to be more like a tinted moisturiser and when I tried a little on my arm it seemed fine so I've concluded that I have weird legs!

If they go to the salon and get a very light covering of SUNFX, it will be really natural and will not come off on anything.
The most important point is to put loads of moisturiser on after the shower the following day, can't stress that enough.
Forget everything else, you're playing with fire trying out new products at this stage, it's her wedding.

Back