Another Ryanair problem.

I actually find it better to wait until last when travelling with kids on ryan air. They can't ask young kids to sit apart from their parents and they tend to have the front one or two rows blocked off. I usually go on last with the kids and ask if I can sit there as the kids can't sit on their own and have never yet been told no

That brings you back to standing in a queue with kids etc, and also you're with a bunch of people who've paid for priority, and are going to rush to get their seats. So then you are going to ask them to swap for the seat you ended up with?

TBH I don't think its ever as melodramatic as that.

I actually find it better to wait until last when travelling with kids on ryan air. They can't ask young kids to sit apart from their parents and they tend to have the front one or two rows blocked off. I usually go on last with the kids and ask if I can sit there as the kids can't sit on their own and have never yet been told no

I like your lateral thinking.

TBH I don't think its ever as melodramatic as that.

Unfortunately I'd say its like that half the time I've flown with them. A lot depends on how much common sense the people at the gate and the cabin crew have. Theres a real culture of being first in the queues, and skipping queues on RyanAir flights. Which the staff do nothing to police. It all adds to the farce of priority booking. I suppose its the nature of bargain hunting. Obviously if you booked an actual seat numbers it just not an issue.

Actually last time one of our party who had priority boarding, realised only at the gate that it wasn't printed on their ticket. So wasn't let through, until they realised they had it on another email which they had with them. But of course by the time this was sorted out the whole plane had boarded anyway. Something to check. Though personally I'd never pay for it with RyanAir again.

I've never understood the frantic queueing often sometimes even before the incoming plane has arrived - unless you've got some nasty bag to store away. The crew just 'make it all happen' on the plane - they will unceremoniously move bags that are stored horizontally, rather than vertically and squeeze everyone's bags in some how.

I agree with peoples' strategies for travelling with children (and it is unfair to expect families with very young children to try and find seats together, IMO) to either ask the crew 'help' to seat families together or put a little pressure on other passengers to move a little.

Ryanair - not a glamorous airline - but it's cheap and it usually does work quite well - or I suppose it wouldn't have so many passengers?

Keep the fighting spirit Box the Fox!

Back