Another Ryanair problem.

BOXtheFOX

I purchased Ryanair flights to France at the beginning of last May. At the time priority boarding was free for Web check in passengers. On the 19th May Ryanair announced "Changes to it's optional priority boarding service" wherby if you wanted priority boarding you had to now pay a fee.

At the end of their News release statement they said that "These changes will become available for all bookings made on/after 3rd June 2008"

Today I have printed off my Check 'n Go boarding cards but no free priority boarding card was issued to me. I rang Ryanair's customer service number at 0818 303030 charged at the National Call Rate only to be told after listening to an automated voice that I had to ring a premium telephone number @ €1.75 per minute if I wanted to query Priority Boarding.
Surely if the changes to the Priority Boarding Web check in rules were to commence after the 3rd June then those flights purchased before the 3rd June should automatically receive the free priority boarding pass.

Anyone else having similar problems and does anyone have a non premium telephone number for Ryanair where I can make a complaint?

I bet lots of others will have similar problems with that airline.
You might be best advised to put your complaint in writing.

I can't believe you are still using this airline since you regularly post complains on AAM about Ryanair services.

I regularly use Ryanair, adjust my expectation to the price i pay, and would find it hard to complain about such small things considering that the price of a return flight is close to a return taxi fare to the city centre.

Don't worry, you'll still get onboard...;)

The benefits of priority boarding are highly dubious anyway. You get the "privilege" if queueing for between 1-10 minutes less than everyone else.

dunno on the last RA flight I was pretty much 80% of the flight was priority boarding making it meaningless.

I can't believe you are still using this airline since you regularly post complains on AAM about Ryanair services.

I regularly use Ryanair, adjust my expectation to the price i pay, and would find it hard to complain about such small things considering that the price of a return flight is close to a return taxi fare to the city centre.

Don't worry, you'll still get onboard...;)

You have completly missed the point of my posting.

I travelled with Ryanair to the UK at the end of June, having booked the flight before they announced the changeover to paid priority boarding. Checked in online and got the priority boarding card.

Sorry I can't help more (i.e. no phone number), but it does show that your interpretation of the change was how they operated at one time.

That's interesting gipimann. I also travelled with them to Tours in June and got the free priority boarding. They must have changed their minds between June and now.

Doesn't it say priority boarding at the top of the boarding pass that you print off? Same situation with me some time ago and it was on the boarding pass.

You have completly missed the point of my posting.

Not at all.. you want to complain about a issue that is a none-issue for the reason expressed by aircobra19. Pretty much along the same lines as all of your other Ryanair complains, IMO.

In faireness, do you really mind if you don't get onboard first because you have not been given a free priority boarding pass worth few euros? And once you have passed the boarding desk, are you going to leg it to the plane to be first in case you would not have been first in the priority queue?and complain to Ryanair if somebody run faster than you?

Relax and enjoy your trip.

Alternatively, use EI or AF, though their destinations to France are restricted to 4 and 1 respectively i think! and will cost you respectively 2/3 times and 4/5times more!

Paying for priority boarding is a complete waste of money. I was returning from Spain recently and everyone with priority boarding was allowed through the departure gate first only to have to board a bus to take us all to the plane. This meant that the priority boarding holders were first on the bus so last off therefore last on the plane !! It was hillarious to watch people trying to push their way off the bus first as they had priority.

You'll always get a seat so save your money and just enjoy your holiday.

If I was traveling on my own or with a couple adults I wouldn't bother.

If traveling with kids, babies or older people I'd just fly with someone else as its worth the extra expense. They give you proper priority and you can book your seats. Far more pleasant.

If traveling with kids, babies or older people I'd just fly with someone else as its worth the extra expense. They give you proper priority and you can book your seats. Far more pleasant.

I have travelled many times with kids on Ryanair. No problems, and as I said I consider priority booking to be a waste of money.

Just get to the boarding gate early, be near the front of the queue for after priority boarding and head for emergency exit seats - usually the stewards/stewardesses stand there to stop people with children or elderly people sitting. All you do is ask if it's ok to sit there and if you are able-bodied and not too young or too old there's no problem. Hey presto - leg room of a long haul flight on your ryanair journey!!!

:( Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have shared this little tip, if everyone starts doing it then it won't work any more!

I have travelled many times with kids on Ryanair. No problems, and as I said I consider priority booking to be a waste of money.

One things got nothing to do with another. If you don't queue, you can be split up across the aircraft which often isn't practical with a few young kids, and elderly people perhaps with limited mobility, or perhaps people who don't like flying. Lots of reasons why you might need to be together. Standing in a queue for 20 mins might difficult for the same reasons.

Priority booking is a waste of time on RyanAir. However other airlines often do this for free for certain types of passengers.

Came back from UK recently with Ryanair. 90% of people had priority boarding - which makes it a complete farce. We didn't, but got the front row on the plane, so extra legroom and first off!

If you don't queue, you can be split up across the aircraft which often isn't practical with a few young kids,

In theory, yes, this can happen. In practice, in my experience, it doesn't, unless perhaps you are the last on the plane (an eventuality that you should avoid anyway if travelling with kids)

Even if there was a risk of it happening, I reckon you would be in bad luck not to find at least 1 or 2 other passengers who wouldn't mind moving to accomodate you, if asked politely.

In theory, yes, this can happen. In practice, in my experience, it doesn't, unless perhaps you are the last on the plane (an eventuality that you should avoid anyway if travelling with kids)

Even if there was a risk of it happening, I reckon you would be in bad luck not to find at least 1 or 2 other passengers who wouldn't mind moving to accomodate you, if asked politely.

It is also unsafe, in the event of loss of cabin pressure you are advised to tend to your own mask first and then your children. You must also remain on your seat with the belt on, Of course Ryanair are concerned about health and safety , that is why persons with disablities have such difficulties getting flights. Pity concerns about safety does not forbid sales of alchol on board planes !!!!!!! Rant over.

Not at all.. you want to complain about a issue that is a none-issue for the reason expressed by aircobra19. Pretty much along the same lines as all of your other Ryanair complains, IMO.

In faireness, do you really mind if you don't get onboard first because you have not been given a free priority boarding pass worth few euros? And once you have passed the boarding desk, are you going to leg it to the plane to be first in case you would not have been first in the priority queue?and complain to Ryanair if somebody run faster than you?

Relax and enjoy your trip.

Alternatively, use EI or AF, though their destinations to France are restricted to 4 and 1 respectively i think! and will cost you respectively 2/3 times and 4/5times more!

As I said you have completly missed the point of my posting.

I pay the price that Ryanair advertise on their website. I am not doing them a favour and they are not doing me a favour.

I travel with Ryanair about 20 times a year and I am familiar with their Rules and Regulations, their Terms and Conditions and their Procedures.

If you do not follow their rules they will show you no mercy. I accept this.

I am just pointing out that they stated in their News Release of the 19th May that "These changes will become available for all bookings made after the 3rd June".

They are not doing what they undertook to do.

That brings you back to standing in a queue with kids etc, and also you're with a bunch of people who've paid for priority, and are going to rush to get their seats. So then you are going to ask them to swap for the seat you ended up with? TBH I find by the third trip to the toliet, or endless passing things back and forth, people just give up and switch with you. LOL. Anyway my point is as a system on Ryan Air, priority boarding is fundamentally flawed. Its just another means of getting you to pay more for nothing. Add it for a couple of people, and maybe a bag or two needs to go in the hold, and you're probably cheaper flying with someone else.

Back