Anglo Irish Annual Regular Savings Account

Re: Anglo Irish launches new 8% Regular Savings Account

Using the formula above in month 6 the interest rate would be 6/12*8% = 4%
You have to compare like with like. €1K in month 6 in this account earns 4% over the remaining 6 months of the 1 year term. €1K over 6 months in a 5% lump sum account earns 2.5%. You are better off with the regular saver. Or rather drip feeding the 8% regular saver from a 5% lump sum account.

Thanks for Clubman, makes alot of sense. Knew I was missing something key. Appreciated.

haha Clubman I'd like penny for everytime someone asks this question..be a very rich man

How would I make a withdrawal after 6 months or at the end of the term without going into a branch ? (there is no branch near me)

Is this account covered by the deposit protection scheme ? Its not mentioned in the T&C

How would I make a withdrawal after 6 months or at the end of the term without going into a branch ? (there is no branch near me)

Is this account covered by the deposit protection scheme ? Its not mentioned in the T&C

Yes it is but after reading this I am a bit wary of investing too much with them.

Have you seen the pop-up message on the Anglo website Regular Saver which says "Closing date 27th June". Is this the last date for opening the 8% Account

Jeez I hope that's not true! Still waiting for BOI online activation code!

Have you seen the pop-up message on the Anglo website Regular Saver which says "Closing date 27th June". Is this the last date for opening the 8% Account

Is that not for the secure capital plus account?

Correct. But it's confusing the way the site displays that panel!

Is Anglo Irish the only bank that does not request a PPS no.when opening an account. I thought this is the norm under the money laundering Act

Is Anglo Irish the only bank that does not request a PPS no.when opening an account. I thought this is the norm under the money laundering Act

I wasn't asked for pps verification with First active and National Irish

Maybe the [broken link removed] mean that opening accounts from now on may require a PPSN?

Received BOI standing order activation code today. It was a couple of days later than I expected, so could only set it up so that the 1st debit happens on the 1st of August. Will they accept a manual transfer for the month of July, even though less than 1 month will elapse before the 1st SO?

Sorry to bring this up again. The website says "Unlimited withdrawals are allowed after the 6 month anniversary".
How would I make withdrawals considering there is no branch near me and this is not an online account?

gebbel
How long were you waiting for the activation code ? I have been waiting 2 weeks now for BOI to send it out!

gebbel
How long were you waiting for the activation code ? I have been waiting 2 weeks now for BOI to send it out!

I was waiting 5 working days. You should contact them to verify that your instruction went through. 2 weeks is too long to be waiting. There must be an issue.

I was waiting 5 working days. You should contact them to verify that your instruction went through. 2 weeks is too long to be waiting. There must be an issue.

Requested my verification Number last Friday, received it today Tuesday.

Sorry to bring this up again. The website says "Unlimited withdrawals are allowed after the 6 month anniversary".
How would I make withdrawals considering there is no branch near me and this is not an online account?
You just ring Anglo Irish, confirm a few security questions and then transfer whatever amount of money you want to your nominated account. I have never been put on hold and find their customer service to be excellent, so you shouldn't encounter any problems.

Agreed. never had to deal with them over withdrawals (but will when my 7% matures next month) but overall they are very efficient and easy to deal with over the phone and by e-mail