Anglo Irish Annual Regular Savings Account

Re: Anglo Irish launches new 8% Regular Savings Account

Hi,

I just opened this a/c last week. I had to give password for online banking on application form. I got a letter confirming opening of a/c, but have nothing in relation to online banking. Does anyone know how anglo irish online banking works?

thanks.

You should receive a letter with your Angloconnect registration details, containing your user ID. You can then log in using this ID along with the password you gave, and you'll have to answer a security question every time. The site lets you check your balance, accrued interest and transaction history, but you cannot make any online transactions.

Hi,

I just opened this a/c last week. I had to give password for online banking on application form. I got a letter confirming opening of a/c, but have nothing in relation to online banking. Does anyone know how anglo irish online banking works?

thanks.

Did you actually ask them to set up the AngloConnect for you? I know its on the form but.......

Hi Monaghansg,

I thought they were going to set up angloconnect automatically once they received my a/c applications. Nothing is mentioned about a seperate form. Looks like I have to just fill in another form and send it away..

thanks.

Did you actually ask them to set up the AngloConnect for you? I know its on the form but.......

no. wasn't aware that I had to ask them. just browsed their website, I have to fill in another form. strange, they never mentioned anything about it on a/c opening letter I received.

....And no word from Savings Advisor in Anglo either...Spoke with two people when I eventually got throught 25 mins later and conflicting info...no min. lodgements required on website yet was told there was a €100 euro min per month .. I told them to contact me when they had made up their minds!!!

....And no word from Savings Advisor in Anglo either...Spoke with two people when I eventually got throught 25 mins later and conflicting info...no min. lodgements required on website yet was told there was a €100 euro min per month .. I told them to contact me when they had made up their minds!!!

Are you talking about the now 7.3% Reg savers?

If so there is no min monthly contribution- see the website:

[broken link removed]

If I recall you can even miss monthly payments.

Re: Anglo Irish launches new 8% Regular Savings Account - not any more !

I applied to set up a new Anglo Regular Savings 7.3% account 4 weeks ago. I received confirmation that the account was opened by Anglo April 17th that the rate was 7.3%. I received a letter yesterday stating the rate was now changed to 4.9% ? I know they only guarantee ECB + 2%, but not happy, considering I called them before opening the account to get the lie of the land ref the rate, got positive feedback from them, went through the hassle of opening the account, to end up with 4.9% a couple of weeks after opening it. So looks liek the days of the 8% / 7.3% are gone.........

Really? Are you sure you opened the currect account? There are two Anglo regular savers (from Best Buys thread):

Best headline rate, but can only save for a year
[broken link removed] (Discuss)
6.50%
Regular lodgements (electronic transfer or standing order): Maximum €1,000 a month. Minimum rate guaranteee of ECB+2%. No penalty for occasional missed contributions. Effective Maximum Balance €13,000, as account lasts for one year -- withdrawals in first 6 months may incur a penalty.

Best rate if you want to save for a few years
First Active: Regular Saver (Discuss)
4.90% (4.75% according to itsyourmoney.ie)
Regular lodgements required (standing order only): Minimum €1 a month; Maximum €1000. Interest paid on first working day of each quarter. Maximum balance €100,000. Online access to account. Optional ATM card.

The 1 year regular saver is still advertisted [broken link removed] as 6.50%

Re: Anglo Irish launches new 8% Regular Savings Account - now 6.5%

Just called them. Yes - its 6.5% alright. They sent my wife and I two notifications of the change of rate onthe regular savings account "in error". Leeter to follow from them confirming this - but was told onthe phone the rate is indeed 6.5%.........

The Financial Regulator yesterday (June 4th 2008) published its first ever regular savings account comparisons on its personal finance website (www.itsyourmoney.ie). The comparisons highlight various regular savings accounts, which show that interest rates on regular savings accounts vary from just over 3% to over 7%. ALBK offers a rate of 7.3% but with a maximum lodgement of €300/month. BKIR offers 7% with a maximum of €500/mth. IPM's 21-day notice account offers 5.75% at a maximum of 1000/month. Yesterday also saw ANGL announce a new regular saver product that pays 8% for a one-year term but with unlimited withdrawals allowed after six months.
These competitive rates highlight the demand on the part of banks for customer deposits as wholesale rates remain high (Euribor 3mth 4.864%) and they seek to grow their loan books more in line with deposits. ANGL has the lowest loan/deposit ratio of 127%, with IPM the highest at 288%. BKIR and ALBK both have a ratio of 157%

Am really ticked off with Financial Regulator ...if you look at their site you will see that it has not been updated in months. All the comparisons are wrong. I rang them approx. 1 month ago and it still hasn't been updated. From now on, i will just ring the banks directly to find out their rates!! It's disgracefully. I would rather no info than misinformation!!

My Anglo Irish Annual Regular Savings Account matures next month. Is there anything to prevent me opening a new one?

My Anglo Irish Annual Regular Savings Account matures next month. Is there anything to prevent me opening a new one?

Make sure you get a good rate for your 12k/13k that has matured.

As the previous poster stated, you can start another 12 months with a new account.

make sure you get a good rate for your 12k/13k that has matured.

As the previous poster stated, you can start another 12 months with a new account.

5%

If I open a new account, and close it in September 2010 (ie after about 10 months) will I still get the full rate or will I be penalised?

Anglo have penalties if you withdraw inside the first 6 months. Not beyond.

The rate may not stay the same for the next 12 months.

Just opned a reg saver, it says maturity date is 5/11/09. I've set up a SO to transfer the money on the 11th each so 12 max amounts in total but I was wondering is an opening lodgement possible? I read that at the end an effective bal of €13k so obviously an extra €1k lodged, how can I make this when the account is already open?

Thanks

Back