Am I on track for a somewhat comfortable retirement?

I intend to increase my AVCs to 20% in the new year. This, along with the 5% I pay through the SPSPS would bring me to the maximum 25% permitted at my age.
Not having looked at this too closely, but you could be oversaving with the AVCs.

You are on track by retirement to have a mortgage paid off, no dependents, and (in today's money) a net income of €2k.

That's equivalent to your situation today of a net income of €3k with a mortgage and a dependent child.

So you certainly won't see a dip in income at that point, whether that's comfortable is more subjective!

@Protocol This is amazing, thanks so much! Your workings have come back to my back of a piece of paper calculations. Albeit more exact.

Approx €10k per annum plus lump sum of €50k approx from Single scheme. A further €13k per annum from state pension.

Another back of an envelope calculation in relation to AVCs give me an annual figure of €10k approx (assuming I continue to contribute in line with my age permitted percentages) and a lump sum of €50k.

All approximate, of course, but that’s all I need for now. This would see me retire with €100k lump sum and an annual pension of €33k in today’s money. Leaving me under the threshold for income tax.

With no mortgage and no dependants (she says hopefully!), this represents comfortable to me @NoRegretsCoyote! I will be able to eat like a king in a balmy 20 degrees all year around. With a holiday or 2 thrown in.

Again, I’d like to thank you all for your contributions to this. You have certainly helped. Now to just get on and do it!

Back