AIB AIB's Appeals Panel standard rejection letter on prevailing rate issue

i made contact by phone initially, but most of the communicating has been to [email protected], recently.
I was communicating with a girl who started mediation and AIB basically stood strong and said the tracker was not available when my fixed term ended. Completely ignoring the fact that my CONTRACT stated we were to be offered the tracker at the end of out fixed term, even this was highlighted in the BDO's letter to say we were unsuccessful. Absolute madness, the lies, the blatant disregard for THEIR customers is sickening.
So as it stands, we advised that our case be finally put to the Ombudsman for a final decision.
My situation is the same drew down mortgage in Oct 2008 fixed for 3 years and option to go onto tracker rate thereafter..I got the rejection letter back from BDO 3 months ago and subsequently rejected that myself! So I have to take action now with regards going to ombudsman before the 6 months lapse.
I know it’s a joke, they aren’t budging at all - it’s just a blanket “no” to every case/situation
Thanks a mill for the insight

So far, anyone whose appeal on the prevailing rate issue, has received the following rejection letter.

If you have appealed on this issue, please confirm that you have received this letter. Or if you have received a different one, let us know that as well.

Brendan

View attachment 3693
Yes I got the same letter, what should my next step be.

I got the same standard rejection letter aswell. After filling out the long winded appeals pack i dont think i will have the patience or the time to fill out another form for the Financial Services Ombudsman. Its shocking and a disgrace how the Central Bank is allowing this fiasco to linger on and on. the Banks are majority state owned so why is this allowed to happen.

Hi Sean
No need to do anything with the Ombudsman for 6 months.

To be fair to the Central Bank
AIB were insistent that no one had been impacted and they were not going to even write to the 6,000 borrowers. The Central Bank persuaded AIB to write to the borrowers, send them compensation, and most importantly of all, to allow the 6,000 borrowers go into the Ombudsman and High Court System.

I don't think it's the role of the Central Bank to make our arguments for us. Nor is it their role to decide against us. The Central Bank clearly thought that there was enough of a case to go before the Ombudsman. But now it's up to the Ombudsman and/or the High Court to make the final decision.

Brendan

Back