AIB AIB's Appeals Panel standard rejection letter on prevailing rate issue

Brendan Burgess

Founder
So far, anyone whose appeal on the prevailing rate issue, has received the following rejection letter.

If you have appealed on this issue, please confirm that you have received this letter. Or if you have received a different one, let us know that as well.

Brendan

upload_2019-5-19_9-29-30.png

Attachments

• Appeals Panel decision anonymised.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 578
Yes, above is same letter as one I received. I used your well worded reply to reject it.

If everyone is receiving the same standard response, it pretty much proves that the appeals panel are not taking these appeals too seriously....I wonder how the central bank would feel about that? Would they care?....probably not

Appeals are meant to be on a Case by case basis but standard rejection letter no matter what the argument.

What is the point of putting everyone through this stressful and tedious process where there is one rule for AIB and another rule for the customer.....I had 10 days to reply to AIB’s response, but it’s been nearly 30 days and still waiting for AIB to review my response....they have a department setup for this full time and I am working a full time job with young kids which made it very difficult to get the response in within the 10 days....where is the fairness in the appeals process?

Only for Brendan's template for the appeal and responding, a lot of people would have probably given up by now......thanks again Brendan for all your work and help on this!!

Only for Brendan's template for the appeal and responding, a lot of people would have probably given up by now......thanks again Brendan for all your work and help on this!!

I absolutely second this. We would have been completely flummoxed by correspondence so far and would definitely have given up. Many many thanks Brendan

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I got the exact same letter. Where to now? Do I now make a complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman?

So far, anyone whose appeal on the prevailing rate issue, has received the following rejection letter.

If you have appealed on this issue, please confirm that you have received this letter. Or if you have received a different one, let us know that as well.

Brendan

View attachment 3693
hi

i have received the same, and my case is with the Ombudsman.
Have you any advise, AIB have stood their ground and deny we should have received the tracker rate and redress.

hi

i have received the same, and my case is with the Ombudsman.
Have you any advise, AIB have stood their ground and deny we should have received the tracker rate and redress.

Do you know what the process is with the Ombudsman? Is there a hearing? or do you simply submit your argument as you've done with the Appeals panel?

Do they acknowledge your application set any expectation on timelines e.g. case will be considered in 10 weeks etc.?

Do you know what the process is with the Ombudsman? Is there a hearing? or do you simply submit your argument as you've done with the Appeals panel?

Do they acknowledge your application set any expectation on timelines e.g. case will be considered in 10 weeks etc.?
they are communicating with AIB but all we have so far is AIB stand their ground. The next step, we are told, can take from 6 months to 12 months.

I received the same reply from AIB, practically verbatim bar some formatting differences.

I also want to add my thanks to Brendan for all the help and advice, it has been invaluable.

Hi Brendan
I sent my letter back today to AIB response via BDO I used your generic letter thanks for your help I also included a copy of the original 2008 statement at end sent to Dear Customer I also included a copy of my full terms of contract which they didn't send me with their argument I highlighted the section where it says tracker was an option after fixed rate expired thanks again for your help
Regards
KD

If everyone is receiving the same standard response, it pretty much proves that the appeals panel are not taking these appeals too seriously....I wonder how the central bank would feel about that? Would they care?....probably not

Appeals are meant to be on a Case by case basis but standard rejection letter no matter what the argument.

What is the point of putting everyone through this stressful and tedious process where there is one rule for AIB and another rule for the customer.....I had 10 days to reply to AIB’s response, but it’s been nearly 30 days and still waiting for AIB to review my response....they have a department setup for this full time and I am working a full time job with young kids which made it very difficult to get the response in within the 10 days....where is the fairness in the appeals process?

Same here, no reply from my response yet. Sent weeks ago

I got the same letter Brendan and I used your template to appeal and respond so thank you for this. We received the 1650 last year and I have been following your advice this year otherwise I wouldn't have known what to do. Is there anything else we should be doing right now?

Ballpoint
Can I just clarify as you seem to have got a decision more quickly than the others.

1) You used my template to appeal - what date?
2) AIB replied to you - what date?

Did you reply to AIB's reply?

Brendan

they are communicating with AIB but all we have so far is AIB stand their ground. The next step, we are told, can take from 6 months to 12 months.
How did you initiate the process with Ombudsman? By email/phone? Was there much involved? Thanks

How did you initiate the process with Ombudsman? By email/phone? Was there much involved? Thanks
i made contact by phone initially, but most of the communicating has been to [email protected], recently.
I was communicating with a girl who started mediation and AIB basically stood strong and said the tracker was not available when my fixed term ended. Completely ignoring the fact that my CONTRACT stated we were to be offered the tracker at the end of out fixed term, even this was highlighted in the BDO's letter to say we were unsuccessful. Absolute madness, the lies, the blatant disregard for THEIR customers is sickening.
So as it stands, we advised that our case be finally put to the Ombudsman for a final decision.

Back