AIB Online Notice Deposit 7

Did you serve the necessary notice?
Yes....
Update..I tried to transfer again this morning and it went through no problem. I can only guess that it was too close to the transfer allowed time ( it was just after 12 midnight). Phew..computer and AIB window still intact!:)

Re: AIB e-savings account - 7 day notice

Anyone work out if the first 10k was given at 5% or 3.5%? I've done a rough calc and it looks like 5%.

It's 5.25% for amounts up to 10k and 3.75% for amounts over that. The 5.25% applies to the first 10k, even if you have more in the account, and the balance is at 3.75%

Sprite

3.5% and 5% over 10k up to mid-July. The higher rates started in mid-July.

Just tried to transfer interest money from my online 7 day account to my current account (same bank) and I keep getting error message `withdrawal amount or withdrawal date invalid`.When I log in it states on top of page that `funds are available for transfer `till 15/10/2008`..grrrrr! Sometimes I feel like throwin` this damn computer through AIB`s window!!!!:mad:

I had a similar problem today. I had given 7 days notice for withdrawal but when I tried to transfer some funds this morning I got a message telling me that I needed to give notice of withdrawal. So I called customer service and it turns out that the notice expired at midnight last night (7 calendar days). Now I have to apply again and wait another 7 days.

So you have to be very careful with your timing with this account. There is absolutely nothing that customer service people can do to help if you miss your withdrawal "window" even if only by a few hours. I won't be using an AIB online notice account again.

I gave notice last week and it read at the top of the screen when I logged on that I could withdraw funds between 21st and 28th Oct. So when I logged in this morning to move money from this account to my current account there was no message at the top to say my funds were available. I chanced it anyway by going into the Transfer section and it worked no bother. It could be laid out a bit clearer though.

I've just noticed my account is now showing a lower interest rate (dated 22/10/08)

4.940% up to €10,000 and 3.230% above

Yep, they've reduced their interest rates on all this account (and most of the others as well from what I can see). The rate on the first 10K is decent enough but I'm moving the rest to another bank. 3.23% is a pretty poor return.

I've just noticed my account is now showing a lower interest rate (dated 22/10/08)

4.940% up to €10,000 and 3.230% above
Those are the nominal rates - the equivalent APRs are 5% and 3.25% respectively. See [broken link removed]. 5% for restricted (albeit just 7 day notice) access is not great at the moment.

Trying to pull my money from this account after they dropped the interest rate.
The maximum transfer allowed by internet banking is 5K is one go.
Also, you are only allowed one transfer for each "notice period".

So in other words, if you want to pull 10K from the account, you'll have to do it over two weeks. Submit notice, wait a week, withdraw 5K, submit notice, wait a week, withdraw another 5K.

Just an incredibly annoying feature of this account that I thought I'd point out.

Trying to pull my money from this account after they dropped the interest rate.
The maximum transfer allowed by internet banking is 5K is one go.
Also, you are only allowed one transfer for each "notice period".

So in other words, if you want to pull 10K from the account, you'll have to do it over two weeks. Submit notice, wait a week, withdraw 5K, submit notice, wait a week, withdraw another 5K.

Just an incredibly annoying feature of this account that I thought I'd point out.

Are you sure about that? I have an amount close to 10K on notice to be withdrawn - no problems, accepted it and says will be available at a certain date.

The €5k limit is for external transfers. See 5.5 in their [broken link removed]

What you can do is withdraw the full amount online to your AIB current account and then do an external transfer over €5k in person / by cheque.

However this is annoying and it caught me out the first time I ran into it. It is probably time they increased the limits to account for inflation. Or perhaps allow a larger limit when a code card is used.

Are you sure about that? I have an amount close to 10K on notice to be withdrawn - no problems, accepted it and says will be available at a certain date.

I encountered the same problem.

The system let me give notice of a withdrawal of €10k but then only let me withdraw €5k.

So it will allow me to withdraw 10K from 7 day notice to an AIB current account, then is it possible to do 2x 5K from the current account over 2 days?

So it will allow me to withdraw 10K from 7 day notice to an AIB current account, then is it possible to do 2x 5K from the current account over 2 days?

I think this should work but haven't actually tested it; I transferred directly to an external account and ran into the external transfer limit of €5k.

It if it doesn't work then I think it's a bug in their system, from my reading of the T&Cs.

i had 5k ready for withdrawal took just 500 on first day and was not allowed any more withdrawals until i gave another 7 days notice very annoying

Back