AIB Online Notice Deposit 7

As with other similar accounts it's all well and good getting verbal assurances but if you can't get written ones and the terms & conditions are unclear they I personally would play it safe and lodge under the relevant limit.

Maybe it's staring me in the face, but I can't find where to open this account on the aib online banking site. I see a link to apply to enter a AIB Online Notice Deposit 7 competition, but no link to apply to open the AIB Online Notice Deposit 7 itself. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

-DeliaQuad

When you login I think you click on Savings link on the left hand side of the page and then there should be an option to create an online 7 day notice account. If you are having problems then you should just call them.

I just got my interest credited to my account yesterday. I withdrew a number of times so cant really calculate if I got the exact amount advertised. Anyone else get their interest yesterday?

Looking at Clubmans quote above of 5th from the AIB website and assurances from my local AIB branch I am satisfied the ''5% applies to all balances up to 10K and 3.50% applies to amounts from €10,001 to €100,000.''

Received my interest yesterday and got 5% on first 10,000 and 3.5% on remainder. Didnt work it out exactly because not sure of the exact formula but figures are below if anyone has the inclination to work it out to the day.

With principle of 25000 from Dec 12th, 305.77 credited yesterday (before dirt).

Is it correct that that you are only guarantee 20,000 euro of your deposit with them if the bank goes bust. Where can you put your saving to make sure it is safe nowadays.

Joody

What form must the "notice" to withdraw take? Is it in writing/branch or can it be done online or by phone?

I'm delighted with this account too. So easy.

Does interest still apply in the 7 day notice period and the 7 day period when the funds are available for withdrawal?

This may seem like a silly question but I'm wondering what's to stop an account holder putting their balance on notice once a fortnight ensuring the funds are always accessible on demand.

To answer my own question...

6.7 Interest will also continue to accrue during any Notice to Withdraw period.

[broken link removed]

Northern Rock Demand Online is easier - 5% gross on €1K+. No €10K limit before the rate falls. No notice for withdrawals.

I was going to open Northern Rock Demand Online Account but I read on another thread that Northern Rock don't intend on offering such a competitive rate for much longer. Does anyone know how much longer the rate will remain @ 5%?

I'm not aware of any imminent change and NR have been one of the most competitive on lump sum deposit interest rates for a good while now. Why not just go with them for now and if/when things change then you can go elsewhere?

Northern Rock Demand Online is easier - 5% gross on €1K+. No €10K limit before the rate falls. No notice for withdrawals.
I'm feeding my regular saver accounts off my Cashsave account. I need to transfer money into my Cashsave once a month to cover the standing orders. I want the money to spend as little time in the Cashsave as possible. With the Online Notice 7 I know exactly when the money is going to be in the Cashsave. With the NR account it's not as clear.

I transfer enough to my Online Notice 7 to cover my standing orders each month and keep the balance with Northern Rock.

Fair enough. That's a good way of maximising interest on lump sums some of which are needed from time to time for expenditure.

Fair enough. That's a good way of maximising interest on lump sums some of which are needed from time to time for expenditure.
It's annoying that the Northern Rock transfers are unreliable, especially seeing as they have an AIB account, but such is life.

Hi Folks,

Probably a silly question but forgive me.
If I open one of these accounts today at current interest rates and say AIB change their interest rates on this offering due to ECB rate rise on the 9th July, will my account interest rate be adjusted to the new higher rate or will I be stuck on the rate at time of opening?

Just wondering would I be better off leaving it for a week or two to see if there are any changes due to the ECB rate rise.

Thanks

Shammy

Back