AIB AIB Data Protection request - omitted key information

I received my data yesterday and as I suspected would be the case, AIB "forgot" to include anything in relation to my current mortgage. They included some personal stuff from my wife's personal account that was nothing to do with the mortgage, car loan applications etc. (GDPR Issue???). The bulk of the documents are the application for mortgage for the previous house in 2003, the top up on that mortgage in 2007 and then the case notes and information on the calls and conversations from 2014. Nothing about the Mortgage application in 2008 and how they rejected my request for a tracker in March 2008 even though they did not discontinue until Oct 2008, then failed to offer me one in 2013 when the Fixed rate expired.
They didn't give me anything at all in relation to the relevant mortgage and the tracker appeal. It's like it is a delay tactic

there were a couple of copies of that and other misc pages mixed in together - so it wasn't presented in a perfectly ordered, sequenced fashion.

You also tend not to miss what you never had.
Seems to be another tactic they use, my data request had a lot of duplicate copies, some documents I had up to 5 times and definitely not in an easy to follow order. Always thought it was done that way to make it difficult to follow and to know exactly what you do and do not have

This is the norm for them. I went back to them three times and itemised dates of what I was requesting. Eventually I went to the data protection comm.that got them moving and they sent two letters of apology as they don’t actually have half the file including many registered letters. I have the entire file myself.

Apparently AIB believe they are not required to provide the mortgage terms and conditions to customers..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-174158.png
    Screenshot_20190314-174158.png
    853.9 KB · Views: 478
Apparently AIB believe they are not required to provide the mortgage terms and conditions to customers..
How do generic terms and conditions constitute personal data? Genuine question.

Also, have you actually asked AIB to provide you with a copy of the terms and conditions applicable to your mortgage?

Yes, following my SARs request, I noted they had left out the specific pages from the t&cs that included Clause 3. I rang the SARS line and was told they'd courier them out. They never arrived. I noted this in my appeal and this is their defence. The T&Cs may have been generic to all customers at that particular time, but they contain the specific clauses that are relevant to the Tracker appeal, and have since been amended. If it is AIB policy not to provide them, it is worthy of note. I've included it in my reply to the AIB response to my appeal.

Absolutely agree that it's troubling if this is official AIB policy (which I doubt) but it has nothing to do with a subject access request. Put simply, the T&Cs are not personal data so your appeal is misguided.

My suggestion - make a formal complaint to AIB that the T&Cs were not sent to you as promised. If that doesn't resolve the issue, escalate the complaint to the FSO.

I'm having trouble with AIB too initially only sent me the last 12 months history and said as my solicitor had requested it all previously that was all they needed to. When I complained that was incomplete too they now can't produce anything from the months prior to the loan offer and draw down keep telling me its with another department.

That doesn't sound right, I am assuming these were data requests or subject access requests made for all of your data?
Do you have a written request or email and their response by letter?

Yes submitted a SAR request for everything on all accounts and they sent me 12 months worth for just the mortgage then when I complained sent me data from about 2008 but missing other accounts for the same period and I complained again. Now they keep replying that other depts are trying to source this information. I submitted a complaint to the DPC last week as its more than 3 months since my original request but nothing back from them either.

Just looked back and AIB have still only sent me the last 12 months and not back to 2008.

This is very worrying. Whether the latter practice are isolated incidents or there is something more sinister has yet to be determined. If viewers to this post have been affected similarly like Milkof and other posters, please pm me.
May be a bit late. I have experienced similar with both AIB and EBS accounts but can't seem to PM you

Back