Ads that really getting on my wick.....

Re: Two ads that are really getting on my wick...

what about the current cadbury's one - the 2 kids doing the silly eyebrow thing??

I just have to turn it off and it just wouldn't make me buy chocolate (Eh - I buy it anyway).

I didn't get the one with the drumming gorilla either but at least it was a good song - if nothing to do with chocolate!!

What about the 'lathie' on the Radio withhhhh her E.B.S.ttttthhhhhh lisp.

Any add for 11811 or 11850........ which ever one is with the 2 blokes with the 'tashes - really annoying

In that vein, remember "Dithane...dithane...dithane..... Spray with it. Stay with it?"

I think it was for spraying spuds.

Good farmers use Dithane/To keep on a tight rein/the blight on potatoes/and help them to grow.

Keats or Shelly couldn't have made it rhyme better!

Cheno Unction - it's a quare name but great stuff !

I thought that was tetra delta ..quare name but great sttufff

what about the current cadbury's one - the 2 kids doing the silly eyebrow thing??

Oh yes! - makes no sense at all - deliberately trying to be 'different' to catch the eye and just making it look like a couple of bored youngsters. If I saw these two doing that in public, I'd look away in embarrassment.

Didn't like the gorilla either - another 'different' idea.

Just to show that there are ads there which are decent, I do like the one for Philadelphia where the friend swaps the jeans in the dryer for the pair on the doll. Silly but hard not to smile at it.

The other ones where the two lads are out building the wall, they get their teabreak, and the lady runs off because 'she's bidding on a footspa on Ebay' - i like that.

there are a few decent ones out there among a vast number of rubbish ones!

Ok - I had to resurrect this thread out of the archives die to the latest nuisance on tv ...... it has to be that Coca Cola add sung by Duffy......... jeeze she has an irritating voice - she sounds like one of the chipmunks!

Ok - I had to resurrect this thread out of the archives die to the latest nuisance on tv ...... it has to be that Coca Cola add sung by Duffy......... jeeze she has an irritating voice - she sounds like one of the chipmunks!

So true. I had never heard Duffy before this ad, so my first reaction was - why on earth would CC do an ad with such an annoying voice! Are there people who buy albums by her?:confused:

The one that's driving me mad at the moment is the radio ad for Dunnes Stores--the one that ends with "The difference is we're Irish."

What's getting to me is the tune. It's like a pathetic version of "I Fought The Law." I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Rant over. Phew! I've wanted to get that off my chest for ages!)

-

Jays, we had read adds in the 70's lad I tell yas. remember the add for...... cigarettes & dosing the farm animals to get rid of hoose, warbles & sarcoptic mange mites!

don't forget liver fluke!!!

I love the Duffy ad.

I can't stand the one for checking your smoke alarm 'Daddy loved his car, Mommy loved her jewellery.....' . I know its getting across an important message but if I hear that child's voice one more time I'll scream.

I can't stand the one for checking your smoke alarm 'Daddy loved his car, Mommy loved her jewellery.....' . I know its getting across an important message but if I hear that child's voice one more time I'll scream.

What about the creepy one for speeding where the guy sees the dead child everywhere...

I hate the sprite ones based on 70s/80s whatever it is, with the water pistol type bottles. Urgghhh.

That new Barry's tea one, where the daughter annoinces to her parents that she's taking a year out to go travelling, starting with Bangkok. Cue shocked expressions number 3 & 4.
Then, as she leaves in a taxi, her mother does this weird combo of moves to put her hands on her head, like a Stepford wife with a low battery warning.
Then, cut to girl & her friends looking happy in a tuk-tuk going down Petchaburi Road, the journey ends & girl now looks frightened. (anyone who's been in Bangkok knows those expressions are in reverse order!)
Finish with girl finding a box of Barry's in her rucksack, with a note from Mum saying "don't forget to come home"
All in all, a shockingly badly acted, cliche-ridden abomination.:mad:

Then there's the one for the Ulster-Scots heritage whatever.
Ends with voice-over saying "and dinnae hurry back"
I e-mailed them to ask if they knew that dinnae is Scots for don't, what kind of message were they trying to get across. Got a reply which suggested I had a hearing deficiency & that the ad actually said "dou'll hurry back" which according to them is ancient Scots for we hope you'll hurry back.
They were lucky they said that by e-mail & not to my face!

Ah, lads, why so negative. There are some very good ads also. My favourite is the Specsavers ad where the farmer shears the dog. Absolutely brilliant.

What about the 'lathie' on the Radio withhhhh her E.B.S.ttttthhhhhh lisp.

yeah she drives me mad. sounds like she's grinning like a loonie as she says EBS.

i think the one mentioned (the guy seeing the dead child everywhere) is very effective.

and the shortsighted shepherd shearing the sheepdog is just brilliant.

All ads involving children usually little boys and their excretory functions. He's really going to thank his parents when he grows up. I hope he sues them!!!

Back