Ads that really getting on my wick.....

Re: Two ads that are really getting on my wick...

Sorry , I forgot. HARVEY BLOODY NORMAN!!! When he says, GO HARVEY GO, I know where I want him to go!!!

Ah, lads, why so negative. There are some very good ads also. My favourite is the Specsavers ad where the farmer shears the dog. Absolutely brilliant.

Ah, Oldtimer, so that's what you look like!!!!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgmH_PmY00

On a serious note, I love that ad also, especially the bit near the end where he does what he does with his eyes. :)

To be honest, I'm getting fed up with all ads that use kids to do the voiceover. It was cute and funny the first hundred times, but enough!

I love the poo at pauls ad - its friggin hilarious! :D

I hate hate hate the coke ad with Duffy on the bike. Its like she has the weirdest voice ever in it. I have to switch the channel when it comes on.

The worst ad on TV must be the shreddies ad.

The idea of a load of incontintent grannies who probably smell of pee mauling every little shreddie before it gets to your bowl is enough to turn you off the stuff forever.

My least favourite from yesteryear is:

"Do the shake n vac and put the freshness back, do the shake n vac and put the freshness back, your carpet smells ........aaarrrrrgghhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!"

The worst ad on TV must be the shreddies ad.

The idea of a load of incontintent grannies who probably smell of pee mauling every little shreddie before it gets to your bowl is enough to turn you off the stuff forever.

Ah no I love it, especially when one of them starts letching after the "hot" inspector dude! But your reaction is amazing, you must actually eat the stuff to associate so strongly with it? lol

Listening to the radio this morning I realised that the ad that drivers me more insane than any other at the moment is the one for the Halifax credit card. You know the one where they keep sayiny "Oh, flip, oh, flip...." etc.

That part is bad enough but the bit at the end when that sanctimonious git says, "Watch your language, Pat. This is a place of work." drives me to despair!

And to totally kill me off, if you listen carefully, he lets out one word and actually says "This a place of work"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That Cadburys one. Also supplemented in shops with those displays that churn out that music! :mad:

That Cadburys one. Also supplemented in shops with those displays that churn out that music! :mad:

I even heard Cadbury's latest ad tune as a ringtone yesterday.....grrrr!!

I really hate the poo at Paul's ad, more than any ad I have ever come across. Put me right off my tea one evening as I watched the news. lol

Full marks to Guinness for years of consistently brilliant ads, Specsavers I'd have to agree have been really strong of late too.

agree on the Poo at Pauls ad and would extend my hatred to any dubbed ad

Also the "Granny danced naked at a rock festival ad for Nescaffe."

The cool granny drinks Bud Lite ad annoys me.

The smug mutton head in the Mitsubishi Lancer telling his son about the birds and the bees. Cant bear his stupid expressions or gestures. That one gets switched off. So funny I forgot to laugh.

I hate that ad too! I dont even understand it!

The ads I hate most are on the radio when say 98fm advertise on a Friday evening or at the weekends to tune in to their morning show. I mean IT'S THE WEEKEND!!

A new ad I heard today which gets my goat......

TodayFM are sponsoring a concert in October at the O2 for some band called....
"span-du ballet".....the horrid pronounciation is repeated more than once in the ad!

Wonder who "span-du ballet" are, a tribute to the great 80s band "Spandau Ballet" perhaps..?!

A new ad I heard today which gets my goat......

TodayFM are sponsoring a concert in October at the O2 for some band called....
"span-du ballet".....the horrid pronounciation is repeated more than once in the ad!

Wonder who "span-du ballet" are, a tribute to the great 80s band "Spandau Ballet" perhaps..?!

I heard that too! Everytime she said it I was shouting at the radio. Surely someone involved with making the end would have heard of the band and known how to pronounce it.

Unfortunately the add is probably being announced by someone who was not even born when Spandau Ballet were in their prime!

Triple A golden maverick ( some kind of calf nuts if I recall) cant beat that whistling.

Re the "span-du ballet" ad.....someone must have had words with TodayFM (or TodayFM read AAM!).

I heard the advert again today, and it's been re-recorded with the correct pronounciation!

Or maybe "spandu ballet" couldn't make the gig, and Spandau Ballet are turning up instead!!

Back