Ads that really getting on my wick.....

Radio Ads on a Saturday morning "reminding" us to tune in to the M-F morning shows really get on my goat...IT'S THE WEEKEND!

:D I had to resurrect it when I heard the polo mint ads...I definitely wont be buying polo mints any time soon!!

No really what is that about? it drives me mad, reminds me of the magnum ads, who wants to hear people eating loudly???.

Re Polar bear ad - I'm liking that one!

Can't stand that Diet coke ad with the American puppet girls in the office!

The ad for the Oliver St.John Gogarty pub in Templebar.

The name "St.John" is not pronounced Saint John but Singen.

The prefix " St." (abbreviation of Saint), is found incorporated
in several names in a modified form, thus : — "St. Clair" — "Sinclair";
" St. John " — " Singen " or " Cingen "; " St. Leger " — " Sellinger."

No really what is that about? it drives me mad, reminds me of the magnum ads, who wants to hear people eating loudly???.

Re Polar bear ad - I'm liking that one!

Can't stand that Diet coke ad with the American puppet girls in the office!

hate those diet coke freaky things too

I have a friend with the surname st. John and he goes by st. John. My mam is always slagging him calling him cingen too.

The ad for magners/bulmers cider - "what did they call the old days -in the old days"?

Does it show that they inherited the jobs of their ancestors?

Nepotism?

The ad for magners/bulmers cider - "what did they call the old days -in the old days"?

Does it show that they inherited the jobs of their ancestors?

Nepotism?

And if so, why does the guy who says "Do you know what I like about silent movies?" have a nordy accent. Is he not supposed to be third generation South Tipp???!!!

Magners have an ad on UK TV about Clonmel having the best cricket team as they never drop catches. What a stupid way to sell Irish cider.

But, I really love the new Heineken ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ZZreXEqSY

Last edited:
And if so, why does the guy who says "Do you know what I like about silent movies?" have a nordy accent. Is he not supposed to be third generation South Tipp???!!!

That type of thing happens the whole time. Worst I saw was in Angela's Ashes where one of the young Frankie's (or his brothers) has a Cavan accent... of all things. Could they not have limited his vocabulary to "CommeerrrIwantcha", "I'll break yor face" and a few more staple phrases that would have anchored him in Limerick City? ;)

Magners have an ad on UK TV about Clonmel having the best cricket team as they never drop catches. What a stupid way to seel Irish cider.

But, I really love the new Heineken ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ZZreXEqSY

we do play cricket here too you know

The two posh burglers from the Eircom Phone Watch radio add wind me up most mornings. Gay Byrne telling me about some museum of style icons is also an unnecessary irritation.

Has anyone else heard the PostPhone ad on the radio....

OMG... the jingle at the end.

I thought ads like that were done with 20 years ago.

can anyone explain the specsavers ad with the aliens? i just don't get it...i understand the other ones with the farmer mistaking the dog for a sheep etc...but i don't get the aliens one...cos the aliens are actually there...right?

I like the fabreeze adverts or any of the corny oen - the for one for the mens hair dye is cringeworthy.

I do hate the kerrygold butter advert where the bus collects the couple right outside the house, the woman is wrapped up in the blanket she slept in and the man had a tin of soil. What is he going to do with dip the childs feet into it.

It's paddy wackery at it's best/worse

Back