Acer 20Gb mp3 player for €93.20 delivered

Yeah - I read the rest of his reviews/articles and enjoyed them too. You are probably right that this belongs in the other forum at this stage.

The review mentioned above refers to it freezing with using the USB host mode feature to connect it to a hard drive (using a USB to IDE connector). Are you doing anything like that?

Re: Acer 20Gb mp3 player for €93.20 delivered

A friend bought the Acer after my tip-off.

I don't have an mp3 player so can't answer what sounds like a very simple question.

Basically he says when he puts the tracks on to the Acer they are in M4A format but won't play. Do the tracks have to be converted or is he doing something wrong?

I don't think that this player (or many others?) support M4A (MPEG4) so they would need to be converted to MP3 or WMA or something like that. There are lots of free and commercial tools available for managing and converting different digital audio formats.

so how do I download my cds then, I've been able to transfer mp3 format files, but can't put cds on..

ok thanks, yea I get it now...I'm just used to itunes and couldnt see the obvious...it should be fine now..

TonyKeogh

Yes mine froze after a few days. I stuck a paper clip into the reset hole as outlined in the review posted by Dr.Moriarty and that rebooted it and now it's working again

What I initially thought was a problem with the earphones turns out to be a problem with the player itself. It worked ok for about 2 weeks or so and then the sound went again in the left ear. I thought I had a (second) pair of dud earphones so I tried another pair but it's the player that's faulty. Furthermore, there are faint lines which sometimes run through the text on the screen. I'v emailed the customer service address regarding a replacement or refund and am awaiting a reply.

My Acer arrived by courier today but as the box was damaged had to refuse the product as could not establish if the product was damaged. Prompt delivery and have emailed them to send a replacement.
The charge on my credit card was 85.40.
Hope to receive the replacement without any hassle.
received my replacement today and Rachel Mauder in the customer service dept. who I dealt with was very good at tracking the order and keeping me informed. Mine was 85 euro deliverd through laptopsdirect.

Back