AAM Election Manifesto!

"IRA terrorism" eh! Where the leaders of 1916 terrorist also? .

Yes - anyone (such as the Real IRA & Osama Bin Laden) who rejects politics and attempts to enforce change through illegal force of arms is by definition a terrorist.

As for the actions of Ellis and Ferris during the troubles - what would you suggest the do - sit idly by (like many west brits or as I call them Free State Unionist) while the Irishmen we (in the 26 counties) sold down the river with the treaty.

At least they wernt cowards and had the balls to stand up and do something. But thats just my opinion.

So the rest of us who didn't "do something" (ie promote, facilitate or engage in the the bombing of children and other innocents as in Warrington, Omagh and elsewhere or in the illegal importation or arms for similar purposes) have something to be ashamed of?

So following this logic, we should reintroduce fees for 2nd level schools as well, right?
No. You stretch my logic to an illogical degree. We've been around the block on this before and while I respect your opinion on this (and most things) I don't think it will serve any good to get into it again.

Well I suppose money means more than anything else to some people.

€7.5bn represents about 15% of all revenue estimated to be collected by the state in 2007. I consider it far too much of a sacrifice to make to appease a few misty-eyed romantics and various hardline republicans.

Perhaps the move could be funded through voluntary income deductions - I'm sure the money would be whipped up in no time ;-)

€7.5bn represents about 15% of all revenue estimated to be collected by the state in 2007. I consider it far too much of a sacrifice to make to appease a few misty-eyed romantics and various hardline republicans.

Perhaps the move could be funded through voluntary income deductions - I'm sure the money would be whipped up in no time ;-)

Obviously the total would shared with the UK Government for the foreseeable years after any reunification.

Sounds like a very bad deal for the UK then. Partly fund NI for years after they have zero sovereignty over it? I can just imagine the population up in arms over that. They already resent being net contributers to the EU as it is. The only way I could see us getting extra cash would be by renogotiating our deal with the EU to take into account our new economic burden.

I could see the British tax payers loving us for asking them to pay for 6 counties they longer have stake in. If and when Britain do pull out you will not see them for dust, they will be glad to be shut of it.
Maybe there should be a new slogan "Brits out - but leave your wallet".
Anyway what would happen to the diesel smugglers?

Back