A very disgusting habit indeed

But what happens when they don't do it.

Could end up like the prostitute with a runny nose that thought she was full.

Murt

I find that one of the most relaxing relieving things i do especially on a cool frosty morning is to blow my nose, not in a hankie, but with one finger blocking a nostril and then blowing out the blockage in the other nostril, a fantastic feeling of relief provided the wife dont see as if she did i would be put into the doghouse. the fact it is done in a somewhat secret fashion adds to the enjoyment. Inhaling the snots only prolongs the problem.

I think Germaine Greer coined a good onomatopoeic word for this practice:

snerking

I agree with the op but I also feel very strongly that people shoudn't blow their nose at the table ie. when having a meal in the company of others. It turns me inside out. By all means blow your nose but go to the toilet and do it. I was having a meal out recently and the guy at the next table blew his nose into a hanky, yuk, and then looked into the hanky as if he was proud of what he just blew into it. The noise he made was like a foghorn. Disgusting. Why can't people excuse themselves and go to the loo to do it.

I don't think swallowing your snots is the worst thing in the world. In mens toilets, I have seen snots smeared on to the walls at the urinals and on the walls of the toilet. What in God's name possesses people to do this ? I was in the toilets at work a few minutes ago and there was a basin with about ten clumps of snots in it, where someone had obviously flushed out their nostrils footballer-style into the sink. They didn't even have the decency to turn on the taps and wash them away. Absolutely disgusting

Back