A very disgusting habit indeed

Z

z106

This one seriously bugs me.

When people basically inhale their snots - as in...instead of blowing their nose, they basically do the opposite !!

You know what I mean alright - they make a sound like a pig when doing it.

As far as I can see, a lot of people seem to think this is socially acceptable given the frequency of it.

I think it is one of the most disgusting things that people can do.

(Just realised I should have put this is 'Letting off steam'. Am I able to move it? Or does it have to be a moderator?)

Agree it is gross. I often wondered if the people who do this live alone as surely someone would otherwise have (bluntly) pointed it out. Its not far removed from spitting.

Their snots. Their choice. Get over it perhaps?

Yes - their choice.

That doesn't make it any less disgusting.

I'm suspecting you are one of these people given your defending of it?

Doesn't bother me. If I happen to do it and it bothers others then that's their problem not mine. It's not at all akin to spitting as mentioned above.

People swallow phlegm all of the time. Even you qwertyuiop. What I think you must be objecting to is the noise the people are making?

People swallow phlegm all of the time. Even you qwertyuiop. What I think you must be objecting to is the noise the people are making?

No.

It's the fact that they are swallowing all these moist snots.

Like - it is seriously disgusting.

Baaically - they are swallowing what would end on their tissue were they to blow their nose instead.

Like - come on.

That ain't good.

Oh I was referring to the disgusting noise. :eek:

I think I read somewhere before that its better to sniff than blow your nose (not incessantly!) to decrease the chances of infection. But I am possibly wrong.

I agree it is a disgusting habit. I was put sharing a table with a couple on a tour holiday some years ago and this guy used to do it during the meal. Even when we moved tables you could still hear him at the other side of the room.

Disgusting: Yes.
But it may be a medical thing eg constantly running nose, and not entirely their fault.
Euugh however.

Yes Ninsaga, it is. The obvious answer would be to put it in a tissue and bin it. But like the snots, think of how eco-friendly it is just to swallow. Lets hear it for the swallowers!:p

Maybe it's on the increase, as I just heard someone doing this very loudly las week and I just thought it was the most disgusting thing eve. I am actually retching typing this!

Reminds me of the joke about green and going backwards!:)

Back