A co. besides Eircom installing new phone lines?

Lorz

Have Eircom a monopoly in this area or is there another co. I can use to install a new phone line? I don't believe ~€120 is good value for money especially as I'll most likely be waiting 6weeks for the line to be connected at the exchange! I recently had a business line installed with Eircom, waited 6 weeks, made numerous phone calls and when I tried to make a complaint I was told that I hadn't been waiting long enough for them to log the complaint! In the mean time, I received 2 bills for the line which hadn't been installed!

Thanks in advance.

I had a problem like your however mine was a private household account. It took 2 months to get once i ordered and received a bill before the line was connected. Made calls to Eircom and was shouted at by rude customer care agents. Let them set up the line after loads of messing around and the following day moved to talktalk so I don't get any bills from Eircom anymore.

Sorry for duplicating! Guess I'll have to speak to the automated voice on 1901 - Great!

I have been logging complaints with eircom since 10th February every 10days..in the beginning I thought I might be getting somewhere but following another call to "Customer Care" on Monday it would appear that no action is being taken. I shall of course be switching my calls the day I am connected (if that's possible):mad:

I was informed by Customer Care rep (who incidentally had very poor english) that they were not late enough with the installation - to which I replied late enough by whose standards? I would consider a business customer waiting several weeks too long! Her english was so poor that she couldn't explain how long I would have to be waiting before they would log the complaint - it ranged from 30 working days to 30 days - anywhere between 4-6 weeks! Great service.

got my phone line in two weeks ago. guy called to the house in the evening for form to be signed had line in house within 3 days

I'm sure a complaint on the "Customer Service" (or more accurately the lack thereof) wouldn't have a minimum time period attached.... and would provide a round about way of having your main concern addressed.

A company who holds such a monopoly who believes 6 weeks is an appropriate time for connection is an absolute disaster! Wonder if you made them wait 6 weeks from the deadline of payment of a bill if they'd be so understanding.

No other options available at the moment.

Maybe for a fixed phone line there aren't any other options. However, as a direct result of AAM recommendations we went with blueface. This coupled with wireless broadband (or cable) does away with the need for an Eircom land line.

Works great for us.

Lorz said:
I was informed by Customer Care rep (who incidentally had very poor english) that they were not late enough with the installation - to which I replied late enough by whose standards?
Comreg actuallly give eircom up to 1 year to install a line . Thats to make life easier for Comreg who used to be inundated with complaints :D and not for the benighted consumer.

Eircom must resolve a complaint within 10 days but YOU MAY NOT COMPLAIN TO 1901 so it does not matter whether their english is crap (20% of the 1901 staff are not Irish) and IMPORTANTLY 1901 is not the Complaints department. Nor will they tell you the telephone numbers of the complaints departments.

You MUST COMPLAIN FIRST to 1800 200 481 and make sure they give you a reference number, your 10 days starts then.

However a delayed installation comes under the customer service guarantee and is not a normal complaint and they will not tell you so you must separately also complain to 'the customer service guarantee center on 1800 400 000 in relation to complaints or claims of this nature' ( see below) and make sure that they also give you a reference number.

After the 10 days are up you may go to Comreg who are notoriously useless and consider the consumer to be an unspeakable form of vermin. email [email protected] while also :

a) including your 10 day old Eircom references from both complaint depatments
b) demanding a complaint reference number from Comreg lest the poor dears lose your complaint.

Thats 3 reference numbers, do not mix them up. There are no email addresses for prime complaints or this grarantee shower but you may separately complain to [email protected] and to the MD [email protected] thus making a grand total of 4 complaints to eircom and 1 complaint to Comreg. the MD need not give you a reference number by the way. Now you MAY be gettng somewhere. Thats good.

The eircom code from www.eircom.ie / customer service /complaints

Our Customer Care Code of Practice for Complaint Handling

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
At eircom we aim to be Ireland's leading class service provider, delivering a comprehensive range of advanced communication products to you our customer.
1. How to contact us with a complaint

If you would like to register a complaint, here are a number of different ways you can contact us.
By phone

You can contact our Customer Care team directly on freefone 1800 200 481, 9am - 5.30 pm (Mon - Fri) where you can speak to one of our Customer Care Executives and register your complaint.
The Customer Care Executive will provide his / her own name and provide you with your unique reference number and acknowledge your complaint on the phone.
Our aim is to resolve your complaint to your complete satisfaction. Our Customer Care Executive will resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, preferably during your phone call. If this is not possible we will inform you of the length of time we expect it to take to investigate and resolve the complaint.
By letter

If you prefer to put the complaint in writing, you can send it to the following address:
eircom Customer Care Marketing Department,
4th Floor, Block B, Cumberland House, Fenian Street, Dublin 2.
By fax

If you wish to send us your letter of complaint by fax, you may fax us on 1800 200 480.
By email

To ensure your complaint is effectively resolved, please ensure you specify the cause of your complaint and provide your eircom account number (located at the top of your bill).
What happens once we receive your complaint?

We will acknowledge all complaints received by letter, fax or e-mail within two working days of receiving your complaint. We will provide you with your unique reference number and inform you of the length of time we expect it to take to investigate and resolve the complaint.
Resolution timeframes

It is our aim to resolve all complaints received as quickly as possible and to your satisfaction. Where possible we will resolve your complaint at first point of contact.
When we receive your complaint we will categorise it into one of the following main categories: Billing, Installation, Service Degradation, Repair, and Miscellaneous.
We have set indicative timeframes for resolution of complaints for each of these categories:
Billing - within 5 working days of receiving the complaint.

Installation - under the terms of our customer service guarantee if we fail to install your line within 10 working days of our agreeing to do so you can claim a credit of two months free rental. Also if you have a complaint about installation we aim to resolve your complaint within 10 working days.

Service Degradation
- If your complaint falls under the category of Service Degradation we will respond immediately outlining the investigation procedure and the resolution timeframes envisaged.
Repair - under the terms of our customer service guarantee it is our aim to clear all faults within 2 working days, if we fail to meet this deadline you can claim the equivalent of two months line rental. Also if you have a complaint to make about a repair we aim to have the complaint resolved within 2 working days of receiving the complaint.
Miscellaneous - within 10 working days of receiving the complaint.
Depending on the individual complaint it may not be possible to resolve every complaint within these timeframes. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within the timeframes, we will keep you regularly informed throughout the process and inform you of the length of time we expect it to take to investigate and resolve.
We will notify you of the resolution of each complaint and retain records of your complaint for a period of not less than one year.
Escalation procedures

We have a team of trained Customer Care Executives in place to investigate and resolve your complaints.
If you are not happy with the Customer Care Executive or the way in which they handle your complaint you can ask to have the matter escalated to a supervisor or manager in the appropriate area. The supervisor or manager will provide you with a revised resolution timeframe.
He / she will review and discuss the issue with you and try to reach a satisfactory resolution.
If, having contacted the manager/supervisor you feel that we have still not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, you can ask for the matter to be reviewed by the Head of Customer Care Marketing.
Once you are happy with the resolution of your complaint, the complaint will be closed on the complaint handling system.
Disconnection policy

It is our policy here at eircom that bills due must be paid on or before the date specified on the bill. This normally allows a period of 14 days after the bill date for payment, 21 days if you pay by direct debit.
If you do not pay your account by the due date we may restrict your ability to make and receive calls. Before doing this we will endeavor to contact you to remind you that your bill is overdue.
Should your line be restricted in this manner you will still be able to contact the emergency services via 112 or 999.
If after we restrict service in this way your balance remains outstanding we will write to you informing you that your contract will be terminated (notification of termination).
If the amount due remains unpaid after the time specified in the notification of termination your account will be terminated and your line removed. At this point you will no longer be able to contact the emergency services and will receive your final bill.
We will continue to follow up on outstanding balances after the final bill issues.
Our customer service guarantee

We also operate a customer service guarantee. This service guarantee is operated in parallel with our code of practice for handling your complaints. It is provided for within the service guarantee that where we do not meet certain target dates for installation and fault clearance you may be entitled to a rebate.
You can contact our customer service guarantee center on 1800 400 000 in relation to complaints or claims of this nature.
This next bit is a lie, Comreg will simply not talk to you until your complaint (s)are live with Eircom

You can seek independent advice your complaint from any of the following:
Commission for Communications Regulation
Abbey Court, Irish Life Center, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1
Tel: 1890 229 668 or Fax: 01 804 9680
E-mail: [email protected]

HTH

Bitch away !

Back