30th birthday gift for a girlfriend

Back to the Original Poster - if it's her 30th she might be expecting something a bit bigger... It's a bit of a milestone so don't be surprised if she looks at you in dismay when she opens a spa voucher when she was actually expecting a weekend in Paris or something!

You know her best though... :)

Now that's a good idea. Can't think of too many people who wouldn't like a weekend in Paris.

An engagement ring - for €300 it would have to be cubic zirconium but how many people know the difference - and/or a weekend in Paris.

give her a gift voucher for peter mark to get her hair done, for €50 and keep the €250 youself for a good night out

Don't forget the flowers! That extra little touch at the right moment is romantic, classy and unforgettable. God I wish I got flowers more often.

It was my 29th on Wednesday and my fella is treating me to a trip to Barcelona......i was pretty impressed with that! As for the whole spa thing, i wouldn't like it at all......maybe your girlfriend would be i'm a bit funny.....and it might not look so good just handing her a voucher for something rather than something pretty that she can look at or use......my suggestion is a nice handbag and maybe matching wallet......forget Chloe....there's no way you can afford an original on that budget.....but you could get a really nice DKNY bag and wallet for 300.....or some nice bits of make up, eye shadow, etc......all those things would be the way to my heart anyway.....and i have to agree with the flower suggestion.....it's really nice to get a bunch of flowers every once in a while....i wish somebody would tell my fella that flowers are not just for when i go into hospital!

Its nice to have something you can look back on in years to come(or something she can throw at you when you are splitting up).

A piece of jewellary ,watch , that kind of thing

good one capall...

Flowers are not my thing - waste of money. you pay about 70.00+ and they die after a week or so. no ta... but me a bottle of perfume for the same amount and im happy.. hate wasting money. still have some communion dosh ;)

A friend of mine took his girlfriend to Lyrath Estate Hotel ([broken link removed]), just outside Kilkenny City, for a similar celebration. He raved about the facilities and service.

It may be slightly over your budget, but could be a winner. Kilkenny is also a good spot e.g. good restaurants and pubs, Arts Week starting this week.

(I have no connection with Lyrath House).

ah no the engagement ring has to be seperate to the bday pressie. Def agree with post about getting something that she has spoken about but never get for herself.

€300, how stingy! I am Thirty this month and with my fella (I won't say better half :)) for 4 yrs, living together for 3

and of course we want the ring!

In same boat though, he has no idea what to get me and I can tell you, it is so depressing. Being with someone that long and to mark a huge milestone in your life and they have no idea what to do.

If this is a long term thing for you then splash out on a watch costing >€1000 and get it engraved

or alternatively, bite the bullet and ask her to marry you.....believe me, she will forget (nearly) all about not having a specific B-day present...all she wants is you..

Ok, enough sop, but please, put some thought in :)

€300, how stingy! I am Thirty this month and with my fella (I won't say better half :)) for 4 yrs, living together for 3

In same boat though, he has no idea what to get me and I can tell you, it is so depressing. Being with someone that long and to mark a huge milestone in your life and they have no idea what to do.

If this is a long term thing for you then splash out on a watch costing >€1000 and get it engraved

or alternatively, bite the bullet and ask her to marry you.....believe me, she will forget (nearly) all about not having a specific B-day present...all she wants is you..

Who are you to say to €300 is stingy? You obviously associate someone putting thought into a gift with someone spending loads of money on it but that doesn't mean everyone else does.

You're about a year and a half too late with your suggestions for the original poster ...

LOL Such a post :eek:. You'd defo be getting the boot our of our 4 year old love nest after that, the only ring you'd be "engaging" with would be the doorbell if you forgot any of your stuff.

€€€€ is not the be all and the end all. You can get a perfectly fantastic present for nowhere near €1000, would you be spending the same on his 30th?

Being from Kilkenny, I think the Lyrath Estate Hotel would be a lovely place to stay the weekend - there are 2 fab restaurants (The Thai restaurant is the best around) and if she wants a spa treatment she can get it done there also. I know they are doing good offers at the moment. Another option is the offer that Dromoland / Ashford castle are advertising at the moment. Two nights B&B at €175 pp plus one nigth free. I know someone who is booked into Dromoland one weekend for 2 nights and Ashford for one night another weekend otherwise you can just stay for the 3 nights. At that money its is so afforadable, though slightly over budget. My parents have always driven around the grounds of these hotels oohing and aaahhing and while I know there is a huge selection of up market hotels after cropping up in the last few years I personally think those places would be a fab treat which is what a 30th is all about. Of course it would be great to go to Barcelona, Budapest etc. - all fab cities but accomdation would be crap for that money even if you did get cheap flights.

Something very personal and meaningful for her that she could proudly show to her friends, but first give her a fake ugly gift. When you'll give her the second gift it will be much more appreciated.

Back