30th birthday gift for a girlfriend

millertime

Hi All

I and my better half are going out for nearly 2 years and she's 30 next month.

Any ideas for good gifts for this landmark birthday, budget circa €300...

Yeah I know I should be figuring out this for myself but I'm rubbish at shopping

Thanks All

send her on a relaxation day to your local spa... i love that. my OH has bought me a few of thoses days in the past. i never grow tired of thoses places. they can cost about 150 - 200 per day. great idea.

Can't go wrong with what shootingstar sauggested. Girls (even non 'girly' girls) love them.
a weekend away is nice too, that way you both get the benefit & even if its just down the country its cheap & cheerful.

Agreed. a weekend away always works... maybe Kerry? Killarney / Tralee. great rose-mantic places down the coast of Kerry... Maybe even book her in for a bit of beauty treatment while ye are away? You`ll score some serious browning points ;)

My missus goes mad for Chloe handbags, they're real leather so would proably cost around the 300 mark or cheaper?

WHAT? Are you serious?? She has about 10 of then in loads of different colours! There'll be words tonight so....

is she into cooking? how about a cookery course, friend of mine did one in Dunbrody House recently, said it was great. Ballymaloe also do them, I'm sure there are more if you google

Back to the Original Poster - if it's her 30th she might be expecting something a bit bigger... It's a bit of a milestone so don't be surprised if she looks at you in dismay when she opens a spa voucher when she was actually expecting a weekend in Paris or something!

You know her best though... :)

moondance you dont expect much ;) good woman. never let the side down!!

I know, in my experience men are a bit useless at the whole presents thing! It's my birthday next week and told the bf (of 7 months) that there's no way I want a house gift (moving in to new place soon) for my birthday, I want something for me! You should have seen his face! I think he must have had his eye on a toaster or a kettle or something so it's back to the drawing board for him! ;) :D

now in fairness to my OH... its my bday this sunday and he`ll get it right. Hes good at stuff like that. Chances are it`ll be another voucher for a beauty day or mac make up or something from BT. but who wouldnt want more of that stuff.. i welcome it all...

if a house gift arrived on my birthday.. he`ll wear it!! LOL :D

now in fairness to my OH... its my bday this sunday and he`ll get it right. Hes good at stuff like that. Chances are it`ll be another voucher for a beauty day or mac make up or something from BT. but who wouldnt want more of that stuff.. i welcome it all...

if a house gift arrived on my birthday.. he`ll wear it!! LOL :D

Snap! It's my birthday Sunday 12th as well! :D

How about arranging a shopping trip with a personal shopper, you can give the personal shopper the budget they can spend, and leave them to it. I know someone who arranged this for a birthday pressy and it went down really well.
Debenhams and Brown Thomas definitely have personal shoppers inhouse, and I believe that they are a free service.... If you go the BT route the €300 may not seem a lot, but ask that its all spent on lingerie / swimwear (for example) where she would definitely come away with more than 1 thing!

Cookery course is a great idea - I know the hubby wished I would do one....
He bougth us a weekend trip to Vienna. Total 'for me, for you' pressie but I'm happy enyway. he booked it a couple of months back too so it didnt even cost too much.

I would say since it's her 30th, and if you are serious about her, to get her something thoughtful and personal to her (to show that you listen to her).
I think she'd value the time and effort you put in to organise something special, more than just buying some anonymous product that she mightnt want.
Like has she ever mentioned that there is a particular hotel she'd love to stay in (not just in Ireland), or a show/concert she'd like to go to, or an activity that she has always wanted to do, or some luxury item that she might covet but would never buy.
And maybe something that doesnt cost much, but is thoughtful - like a montage of photos of the two of you over the last 2 years, or a particular CD of music which reminds you of a past holiday.
If you do get a voucher for a spa, make sure to get it for two people, or check would she be happy going somewhere like that on her own.

I reckon you should up the price a bit and get her an engagement ring....c'mon....2 years together & she's now 30 (don't know what age you are in fairness). Bet she'd like that one ;)

Back