30th birthday gift for a girlfriend

Can't believe someone would think that 300 euro is stingy!! I'm 30 next month, with boyfriend for almost 7 years :eek: and the last thing I'd want is an engagement ring! In fact, I'd run a mile if one was produced, though I've come to the conclusion over the last few years that I am in the minority of females who feel this way!

Surely its the thought that counts? Whatever I get I'll be happy with, my bf is out of a job the end of the month so to be honest, I'd rather he didn't splash out a load of cash on me right now.
For me, its the dinner cooked & handed to me when I'm after walking home on a dark, wet, miserable Monday night that does it for me - now that to me is love!

ok guys I have some thoughts here, I know they are late for the original poster, but I am sure there are other people turning 30 this year!

I turned 30 last year, and my GF of 5 years surprised me with a trip to the Belgian Grand Prix (Lewis Hamilton and all that!). I was amazed, embarassed (about the kind of money that would cost), and absolutely chuffed. I never would have treated myself to something like that, even though I've watched it on tv for 20 years. It will be something that I will never forget, it was the best present anyone ever gave me.

If you think the 30th is a special occasion, you should think outside the box. As a couple you have probably been on many a weekend away, think of something that your OH would not even dream of doing themselves.

Now it's my GF's turn this year, I have no idea how to live up to the present she got me!

Back