2nd baby due soon: what to buy my better half a pressie for the last nine months.

SeanA

Our second baby is due in 3 weeks and I want to do the dutiful and buy my better half a pressie for the last nine months of fun!!!

Anyone any interesting of unusual ideas?

Re: What do I buy?

Buy her one of those long weekends where you do shooting, off road driving etc... If she doesn't like it you can use it :D

Failing that what about a day, or a weekend, at a Spa?

Go to her favourite coffee shop and ask to prepay 52 cups of coffee. Then go home and tell her that once a week you will take over completely while she has an hour to herself.

Buy her a nice dress in the size she was when you met her and tell her that when she fits into it you will take her out for a nice meal :D

Diamonds are obviously a favourite, but the budget may not stretch that far and she probably doesn't want to leave the baby just yet for a spa weekend. The hands on things work the best! Do up a little book of vouchers for breakfast in bed, a back/foot massage, "an hour off" for coffee with friends...any little treats she might like (be sure you have all the oils and creams ready to go). Doesn't cost much but she'll love you for the effort.

Presume you have already done the traditional eternity ring for number one? You could have it altered to include birth stone of new arrival?

Or maybe a voucher for lingerie shop? Very useful after birth, even if breastfeeding, to make her feel less like a mummy and more like herself.

Ditto voucher for her favourite clothes shop. Or for beauticians. Or some really nice body lotions/cleansers etc

How about a hamper of those foods and drinks she loves but wasn't meant to consume while pregnant?

If it's a well done present and not anything that would break the bank but you want it to be thoughtful then I would suggest going to Harvey Nicks or Brown Thomas and buying her a jar of creme de la mer (euro 225 for the 60ml, euro 125 for the 30ml) and the exfoiliater (100 euro). Yes being a bloke you won't understand the concept of paying that much for moisturisers but I can tell you now she will be delighted.

If you want to buy her something else, a designer handbag is always a winner as are designer shades.

i think you should give her a voucher for a day at a spa and maybe get a photo of herself and the new baby and put it in a nice frame....always a nice touch

I have to say as a female having had 3 babies vouchers to me mean, I really couldn't have been arsed thinking about what you really wanted so I got you a voucher.

Yes they are a SAFE bet but his wife has just had a baby, she doesn't deserve a safe bet, she deserves a bit of effort hence the OP posting looking for some advice on something special.

Well done you!

Are you for real? :D

The only thing she would probably get time to use the treadmill for with a second baby would be to push it on it to get rid of colic/wind.
Huh?! :confused:
Might cost less than diamonds!
I'm sure there would be enough time to use it. ;)

If it's a well done present and not anything that would break the bank but you want it to be thoughtful then I would suggest going to Harvey Nicks or Brown Thomas and buying her a jar of creme de la mer (euro 225 for the 60ml, euro 125 for the 30ml) and the exfoiliater (100 euro). Yes being a bloke you won't understand the concept of paying that much for moisturisers but I can tell you now she will be delighted.

If you want to buy her something else, a designer handbag is always a winner as are designer shades.

€225 for a jar of cream are you off your rocker, as a woman I cant understand anyone paying that either.:eek:

Back