24hr petrol station "back in 15mins" 30 mins later no show! Claim consequential loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 24hr petrol station "back in 15mins" 30 mins later no show! Claim consequential l

so u missed a flight coz the petrol station wasn't open 15 mins after it was meant to be open? Aren't u supposed to turn up like 3 hours before ur flight. where the hell were u driving from? The antartic?

Re: 24hr petrol station "back in 15mins" 30 mins later no show! Claim consequential l

lol the antartic!! i bet he was flying to the uk. You can check in on line and then just get throuh security, i often dont turn up till 30-45 mins till the flight is due to leave and i've never missed a flight.

Do feel sorry for the OP and agree if a place says it is 24hrs itshould be open 24hrs....but dont think that you stand any sort of chance of getting the money back you paid for another flight.

Although would be interseting to find out why the staff member left? If it was a familly emergency and he needed to leave straight away you can understand that it would take time for another member of staff to turn up.

I was telling someone today that I was getting slated here for posting the question, they said "oh the 24hr garage, sure that place is always closing"
What would the German ambassador think ?? LOL

So did you get the petrol after 30 mins?

OP has a point and i feel some of the responses not very helpful

Tonight I was going to my local SPAR to do the lotto - had my numbers picked....8 12 21 28 42 & 45. Unfortunately there was a huge crowd there & when I got to the till the lotto machine was closed.
Wadda ya know, my numbers came up.....can I sue SPAR now for the €4.5mil that I should have won?

So did you get the petrol after 30 mins?

My wife said I was in no fit state to drive, it was still closed when we left.

dewdrop

Thanks, I realised posting that it was a bit of a long shot, I am glad I posted the Q.

The Lotto one is the best case against so far...

How long did you have to spare before your flight ?

sounds like you didnt go to the airport because you were in no fit state to drive?

No fit state to drive - because of what OP?

So did you actually go to the airport, or just home? Could you not have made it to the airport at all?

You really think the OP has a point?

What about shops or anywhere else that close for lunch and have a sign on the door "Open at 2" - but they don't open until say 2:15? should they be sued?

What if the owner of the station had just dropped dead or something - or if there was some other emergency?

Anyways....if I owned that garage & you came to me with that complaint I'd just say that I am open 24hrs.... but not consecutively! I opened for 24hrs & then closed up for 30mins & then opened for another 24hrs :p

Hi,

I would definitely say it to the manager or owner. They may be employing someone to keep that petrol station open 24 hours but that person may have gone home for a few hours sleep!

Triona

Hi,

I would definitely say it to the manager or owner. They may be employing someone to keep that petrol station open 24 hours but that person may have gone home for a few hours sleep!

Triona

Or getting the break they are legally required to get.

So did you actually go to the airport, or just home? Could you not have made it to the airport at all?

Was he drunk or something?

I was in no fit state because as time passed i was so irate and panicking that I would miss my flight. I am not renowned for my patience.

How could I drive to the airport with not enough petrol :rolleyes:

Was he drunk or something?

I have never drove over the limit.

I was in no fit state because as time passed i was so irate and panicking that I would miss my flight. I am not renowned for my patience.

How could I drive to the airport with not enough petrol :rolleyes:

How long did you have to spare to catch your flight ?

Hi,

Triona

After asking around it turns out the garage regularly closes.

Its been too long now since it happened to complain, I just wanted some opinions after the discussion with my friend about it, I've enjoyed reading this but allegations of drink driving etc I do not appreciate, IF that was the case why would I post a Q here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back