1Gb memory card

danole

Just ordered one from Pixmania.I'm told by the photo shop guy that a 1gb card full of pics CAN'T be burned on to a CD.Is this info correct?He says I'll just be able to upload them onto my PC.How 'bout OFOTO?Too much for them,too?I'm kinda sorry I bought it now!

A CD has around 700 mb of storage so it's not possible just to copy 1 gb of data onto it. I presume there's nothing stopping you selecting up to 700mb of files and copying onto one cd and putting the remainder on a second one.

Alternatively a DVD holds 4.7 gb so you could burn them all onto one

I got done!! 61 yoyos inc post rom Pixmania.'Still,better than 100 in the camera shop......

Clubman that's an excellent site,saved nearly 15 Euro off my best internet site and over 38 Euro compared to the shop!

Generally, 7dayshop take 7-10 days.

Never had any problems with them, and have used them quite a bit.

Have you gone for the generic brand cards or the SanDisk products?

I get mine elsewhere at the minute for a bit more but delivery in normally next day and tend to buy Transcend or SanDisk and have never had a problem with any of the cards.

I have used ebay, [broken link removed].

The memory is branded SanDisk, but has to come from Hong Kong, takes about 10 days - 2 wks.

Only cost €21.60 through PayPal, inc postage.

irishpancake said:
I have used ebay, [broken link removed].

The memory is branded SanDisk, but has to come from Hong Kong, takes about 10 days - 2 wks.

Only cost €21.60 through PayPal, inc postage.
I'm a bit wary of buying small things like memory cards, card readers, flash drives etc. from eBay when posted from HK with the long delivery times and with the postage costing as much as the item itself.

If there is something wrong with item, the standard return policy is that you pay for the postage back and they then send you a new one. Fair enough, except that the postage back is a significant cost.

Having been burnt once on this, I now prefer to only buy from Irish / UK resellers, as the return postage is only a few Euro.

Just my €0.02 worth. :)

And 7DayShop are only c. €22 all in (see above) with the advantage that they are at least in the UK. Admittedly their cheapest cards are generic ones rather than big brand names. However I have never had any problems with them.

ClubMan said:
And 7DayShop are only c. €22 all in (see above) with the advantage that they are at least in the UK.

Eh sorry CM, not strictly true.

About the UK I mean ;)

For immigration and nationality purposes the United Kingdom generally treats Guernsey as though it were part of the UK, however Guernsey is constitutionally entitled to restrict immigration by non-Guernsey residents and maintains its own immigration and border controls.

From this Wikipedia Article on Guernsey.

Anyway, i find a fiver from HK for postage isn't a lot more than £3.95 from the Channel Islands.

As with everything on eBay, just be sure to check out sellers feedback, etc.

1GB SD Card from them is GBP£14.99 + £6 P&P = £20.99 total =~ €31 which is significantly dearer than other suggestions here.

Was just about to buy one today off pixmania and came across this thread!

ClubMan, is the unbranded one not only £10.99 (today anyway) and the SanDisk one £15.49. Does anbody have any opinions on the 1gb SD Sandisk Ultra II for £23.99? What am I paying the extra for? Am I just as well off with the unbranded for £10.99 or should I go for the £15.49 or the £23.99 one?

edit: Sorry! Just see you were probably referring to the one on moby. The ones I mentioned were on [broken link removed].

Back