1200 euro for switcher conveyancing - keep looking?

My guess would be that the valuation report was sent electronically back to Avant. Assuming everything else is ready to go, I'd expect that the next step will be that Avant will issue your formal loan offer. I haven't seen an Avant loan offer but others include a copy of the valuation report as part of the formal loan offer. Your broker will probably be able to tell you where yours is at in the loan offer queue.

Yes, I can confirm, valuation included in formal Loan Offer documents.

Here is what I paid in costs to switch from UB to Avant:

750 prof fee
50 misc outlays
That 800 is subject to 23% VAT = 184

Searches 43.05
Copy folio on completion 5.00
Bank fees 10.00
no VAT on 58.05

800 + 184 + 58.05 = 1,042 legal fees

Other fees:
discharge UB fees for title deeds = 73
Hi- I have been recently given a quote of almost €1700 which seems very expensive to be. Would u recommend this solicitor or have a name for them?

I contacted/rang two or three in my local town, in west of Ireland.

I recall all were 750/800 prof fee + outlays + VAT.

You have to physically visit their premises to sign docs, so it depends where you are in the country.

Appreciate it if anyone else could share if they could get a rate below €1,500 including outlays (and VAT) for a switch in Dublin recently. I'm trying to find the best value conveyancing for our customers and it seems to me from what we are seeing that the rates are up on this time last year from €1200 up to €1500. Just wanted to double check what others are seeing.

I am switching from UB to Avant at the moment.

Here are the fees:

UB break fee
Broker fees = zero in my case, some charge, some don't, they all make commission from the lenders
Valuation fee = 185, the broker covered this in my case
Sol fee = 750 + VAT + outlays, should be around 1,200, this won't cost me anything as Avant are paying 1,500 towards it.

Here is something extra - I have overpaid my mortgage, and I will further reduce the term as I switch to Avant. I pay 258 for MPP. I ran the new balance and term through www.labrokers.ie and the same insurer charges 152.

So I will cancel the MPP, and start a new policy, saving a further 106 per annum.
Hi Protocol, Would really appreciate if you could message me with the name of the solicitor that you used. Many thanks

Back