1200 euro for switcher conveyancing - keep looking?

Ndiddy

Nearly there with a Switcher mortgage for Avant 7 year ( with Doddl which has been so user-friendly compared to previous mortgage process!) and got a 1200 euro all-in quote with solicitor in D24 which is the lowest so far of 7 offices I have called so far. Should I keep looking? Does anyone have a lower Dublin quote? My original mortgage solicitor retired last year so starting again.
Thanks

Is all in inclusive of Vat and outlays ? If so I'd say go for it ! Cheapest I've seen if it's a simple property.

I consider anything under €1,300 all in to be good, so I'd say you won't do much better than €1,200.

That sounds very good. Would you mind sharing what the total outlay is - do you have to pay valuation etc as well as conveyancing? Anything else other than break fees?

Valuation is around 150. Just as an fyi we also had to pay a small fee to bring our home insurance rebuild value up to the amount per the valuation...I normally keep this updated when I renew but I didn't this year. It was an admin fee rather than an increase in premium, so if you're due to renew make sure you're well covered at today's rates.

I am switching from UB to Avant at the moment.

Here are the fees:

UB break fee
Broker fees = zero in my case, some charge, some don't, they all make commission from the lenders
Valuation fee = 185, the broker covered this in my case
Sol fee = 750 + VAT + outlays, should be around 1,200, this won't cost me anything as Avant are paying 1,500 towards it.

Here is something extra - I have overpaid my mortgage, and I will further reduce the term as I switch to Avant. I pay 258 for MPP. I ran the new balance and term through www.labrokers.ie and the same insurer charges 152.

So I will cancel the MPP, and start a new policy, saving a further 106 per annum.

Hi. Can i ask how you are getting 1500 from Avant towards solicitors fee? Is that an older offer thats niw expired.

Nearly there with a Switcher mortgage for Avant 7 year ( with Doddl which has been so user-friendly compared to previous mortgage process!) and got a 1200 euro all-in quote with solicitor in D24 which is the lowest so far of 7 offices I have called so far. Should I keep looking? Does anyone have a lower Dublin quote? My original mortgage solicitor retired last year so starting again.
Thanks
Hi do you mind sharing who that solicitor is?

Hi. Can i ask how you are getting 1500 from Avant towards solicitors fee? Is that an older offer thats niw expired.
You are only eligible for this offer if:
  • you are switching from KBC or Ulster Bank
  • you start (and possibly complete) the switch between 1 January and 31 March
  • you use a broker who is an Avant "Gold Partner"

You are only eligible for this offer if:
  • you are switching from KBC or Ulster Bank
  • you start (and possibly complete) the switch between 1 January and 31 March
  • you use a broker who is an Avant "Gold Partner"
Just a couple of corrections (I have the form here):
- the offer applies for applications received between 1st Jan and 31st Jan
-the mortgage must be drawn down within 6 months of the date stated in the letter of offer

Just a couple of corrections (I have the form here):
- the offer applies for applications received between 1st Jan and 31st Jan
-the mortgage must be drawn down within 6 months of the date stated in the letter of offer
Someone posted the application form in a different thread and it says "Open to applications received by us between 1st January and 31st March 2022".

Does yours really say 31st January?

Someone posted the application form in a different thread and it says "Open to applications received by us between 1st January and 31st March 2022".

Does yours really say 31st January?
Goes to show! Making a mistake in the correction :) It does indeed say 31st march.
But you then have 6 months to draw down

@Protocol - would you mind sharing what was involved with the valuation? We are also switching from UB to Avant and were just wondering what was involved. We are doing a small self-certified equity release so the valuation is quite important to keep us under 70% LTV.

Broker booked valuation.

I received an automated e-mail.

Then I got a phone call from the valuer trying to arrange time to visit house.

She was in the house for 10-20 mins, downstairs and upstairs.

She wanted to see the BER cert, which I don't have.

She took some notes.

She said something about submitting a report that afternoon.

I have heard nothing about it since, from anybody, it happened on Mon 7-Feb.

Price = 185, broker paid.

Broker booked valuation.

I received an automated e-mail.

Then I got a phone call from the valuer trying to arrange time to visit house.

She was in the house for 10-20 mins, downstairs and upstairs.

She wanted to see the BER cert, which I don't have.

She took some notes.

She said something about submitting a report that afternoon.

I have heard nothing about it since, from anybody, it happened on Mon 7-Feb.

Price = 185, broker paid.

My guess would be that the valuation report was sent electronically back to Avant. Assuming everything else is ready to go, I'd expect that the next step will be that Avant will issue your formal loan offer. I haven't seen an Avant loan offer but others include a copy of the valuation report as part of the formal loan offer. Your broker will probably be able to tell you where yours is at in the loan offer queue.

Took 8 business days for me from valuation to loan offer, through Doddl. May depend on how quick the valuer submitted it

Here is what I paid in costs to switch from UB to Avant:

750 prof fee
50 misc outlays
That 800 is subject to 23% VAT = 184

Searches 43.05
Copy folio on completion 5.00
Bank fees 10.00
no VAT on 58.05

800 + 184 + 58.05 = 1,042 legal fees

Other fees:
discharge UB fees for title deeds = 73

Last edited:
Broker = First Rate in Ongar

Broker is a "gold partner" of Avant
Broker covered the valuation fee, I did not pay
Broker did not charge me anything directly

I paid 1,042 to the sol in legal fees
In addition, I paid 73 to sol to cover UB fees to discharge deeds
In addition, I paid a break fee to UB, included in final mortgage redemption figure

I will get 1500 from Avant in a few weeks

I took out a new MPP, shorter term, lower amount, the MPP premium is down 105 per year

I have locked in 1.95% for seven years, with 10% overpayments allowed.

It has worked out well.

Back