02 BMW from TVD

inspector

I'm about to buy a fab 02 BMW 520i, fully loaded,from TVD in Ballymount.
Thier cars are Singapore imports (british colony) But in incredible condition and an incredible price. Has any one any info on these cars or this company?
thanks

Never heard of em. Golden rule...treat em like they were clocked and go from there. Prove that it's not and you've got a bargain. Have any doubts and walk away. Don't go by what looks like it'sm in incredible condition. You'd be surprised wha t a powerspray can do!!

Singapore is a small island so low mile cars are possible.

I'd look for proof of fsh. Gabriel is right - assume it's clocked.

Think you can arrange the AA to do an assessment...not sure on the price but defo worth it for such a fine car.

'Carcheck' is much cheaper for a check like this and should be available at (relatively) short notice. Having enquired about AA checks before was told I'd have to wait for up to 2 weeks - but you could be lucky.

I'd just like to add that I was stinking drunk last night when I replied to the OP...I'm amazed how coherent I was...and wonder at why I was logging into AAM!! :D

I've had a similar experience with the AA...two weeks for a car inspection. You'd imagine they'd get their act together. Is CarCheck cartell.ie? Or different. If it's cartell not worth the paper it's written on.

No, nothing to do with Cartell (yes, waste of time)

www.carcheck.ie the guy is excellent and not expensive (€150)

...been going on about this a bit in other posts so should make it clear that I've no connection whatsoever - just a v.satisfied customer.

BTW Gabriel, your post did seem very... err...lively :D

thanks guys. tvd have sent the car to a bmw garage for service and full check over at no cost to us( milltown i think they said), were going to have another look and bring a mechanic friend along before we hand over any cash....and we'll look for fsh great car though, sat nav, tv, memory electric full leather seats, the works. they'll also take our bmw 316i as a trade in but wont put it on the forecourt,, they'll put it straight to auction (every thurs night apparently) will keep you all posted thanks

My main concern would be the resale value of the car , it might be hard to shift on afterwards if buyers realise its an import from Singapore. Something to keep in mind....

M

Thanks Sure every car we get here in ireland ''technically'' is imported. Singapore is a british colony and how many irish are travelling to the uk and ni and importing cars. my new baby was built in germany, spec; BMW 520i ,54k mls,met jade green, full black leather, elec memory seats, sat nav,tv,top obc,angel eyes,pdc, mfsw, climate control,elec blinds,6 cd,tiptronic,alloys..... and after full body inspection, inside and out, cant find one single scratch or dent.and seats look and feel like they've never been sat in. one hell of a car!!!

I bought an 02 520i last year, after looking at umpteen eventually went for an Irish one. 3 of the ones I looked at were from singapore, a guy on the northside does them. They all had very low milage, at least half the irish average, but were all going for 10-15% less (around the 16-17k mark)then similar Irish cars, even private sales . I was unable to find a good reason for this price difference at the time.

Ring Joe Duffys or any other BMW dealer, ask to speak to maintenance and speak with one of the engineers and ask them what can go wrong with the singapore cars, they'll have seen it all first hand. I did this when buying the version I did go for and the guy I spoke too was only too willing to answer any questions I had. In the most part the 520s are bulletproof. good luck with it!

Looking at the cars when I drive by TVD they look fantastic, I have asked a few people that I know in the trade and they say that TVD are ok to deal with and the cars are well checked they also seem to sell a lot to the trade. Best of luck with the car you can't go to far wrong with a BMW.

I bought a 520 from tvd about a month ago, couple of little problems (one of the electric seats not functioning properly, windscreen washers, they think caused in transit). They were more than happy to fix them for me. Also took out their 3 year extended parts & labour warrenty which was about €500, pretty good deal, peace of mind etc. I had the mileage verified by a friend of mine who has the bmw computer etc. He said its one of the best second hand examples he's seen. 2 things to make sure (probably goes without saying), make sure the chasis number in the service book matches the engine, mine didnt and they had to search for a few days for it to turn up. Also, mine only had 1 key, I pushed them on it and they sent me to Frank Keane who had a new one made up for me at TVD's expense. All in all, quite happy so far....

Thanks all we will pick up the car on this week and will definatly check out that all numbers match. Heather did you have a f.s.h with the service book when you received it? thanks

[broken link removed]

Passed by on staurday, they are beside the red cow near galco steel.

Some nice looking wagons.

Thanks all, just got a call from tvd and our 520i is almost ready for pick up... they do have 2 keys, service is complete, they're making sure all service and op manuals are with the car and up to date., and were bringing our mechanic friend along to look over alll before we hand over our car and cash.... will keep you all posted if we get the time..... i.e might be too busy out driving in luxurious comfort...mmmmmmm thanks

Back