Ulster €3000 offered after redress appeal

PhilVan

Hi All,

after 9 years being on the incorrect rate, Ulster Bank re-instated my ECB+1.15, refunded me what i over paid over 9 years and threw a compensation of about €3000 (for my troubles) which was deemed sufficient (by them) since and i quote "i was never in areas". this is the biggest insult. They never took into considerations that the reason why i was not in areas was because I had to make sacrifices.

I appealed this decision and again they are willing to throw another 3Gs and that's it. I still don't think this is sufficient. If i accept the 3Gs the condition is that i cannot make further appeal. I have consulted legal people (friends) who tell me that the bank has recognized twice that they have been wrong and that is sure ground for a case.

Does anyone have an opinion, perhaps someone has gone further?

Many thanks in advance

PV

Why don't you set out your case here and we will give you a second (and third and fourth) opinion?

You keep the first €3k whatever happens.

If you go to the Ombudsman , it won't cost you anything. If he awards you nothing, you lose the additional €3k.

But there is a fairly good chance that the Ombudsman will award you something.

You have 6 months to decide. So wait a few months as the Ombudsman will soon be publishing his decisions on trackers and you might get some guidance there.

Brendan

Was that the upper or lower panel? If you don't mind me asking, had you been able to provide much proof of loss?

Hi Brendan
I've a vested interest in another UB related thread but not much comments happening on it. Can you advise or point me in the direction of where I can find more information about when the ombudsman is publishing decisions on trackers. I am an ex ub staff member and a serious vested interest and at a bit of a loss where to go next. Least if I can understand expectations my mind would be somewhat at ease
Many thanks and apologies for jumping onto this thread when not related

Back