VHI €100 reward for online sign-up

As it happens, I didn't throw in the towel. Didn't cost anything to try one more mail:

Hi there,

Thanks for the information. However, when I contacted your Customer Services Team to set up an annual direct debit they told me this cannot be done until I get my next renewal notice at the end of this year, and therefore I cannot avail of the “Online Advantages” discount which ends on September 1st. So there seems to be a mismatch between this and the information in your mail.

Best regards,
dub_nerd

They replied:

Dear Mr. dub_nerd,

Thank you for your e-mail reply. I would like to advise that, I have verified that you may include a Direct Debit instruction on your policy at this time for payment of your premium at renewal. A direct debit may be set up as annual or monthly instruction.

The information will be held on your policy and when your policy is due for renewal, the bank details will be used for the payment of your policy as you have instructed. This will be an automatic process and will be verified in your renewal documentation.

Once your direct debit details are on your policy on 31/08/2018 you will be eligible for our Online Advantage reward of €50 for having a direct payment instruction on your policy. This is in addition to the €50 reward for chosing to receive your documentation online, rather than by post.

I have arranged for a member of our Customer Service Team to contact you to arrange your Direct Debit. My colleague will require your IBAN and BIC number in order to complete this request. You will recieve our call in the next 2 working days.

I hope that my response has been helpful and I apologise for any confusion caused. If you need any further information, you can reply to this email or alternatively please call us on 056 444 4444. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday (8am to 7pm GMT) and Saturday (9am to 3pm GMT).

Kind Regards
Ms vhi

Hope springs eternal. ;)

Good on ya. Keep us informed.
Hopefully their Customer Service Team will be advised of their error and change their procedures accordingly.

VHI got back to me by phone yesterday. Completely straightforward, no fuss, they signed me up to an annual direct debit, first one to be taken on January 2nd next year. As I'd already claimed the online discount I don't have to do anything more, I'll simply get the additional €50 discount in September. In spite of the first Customer Services person I got on the phone giving me wrong information, I'm reasonably impressed with VHI being able to sort this out. The person on the phone yesterday was able to read from notes on my account which matched the email exchange I posted earlier, and so were up to speed immediately on the situation. The biggest bane of many service organisations is not being able to transmit information reliably from one service agent to another, so I was pleased with the continuity. Brownie points to VHI!

Had to phone them to day as they had no mobile no. on my details and cannot register without it. However in the course of our conversation he told me I can change back my settings (if I wished) after I receive the €100. Isn't this a complete farce! Irish Water springs to mind.

can someone help me please.
am trying to sign up for a plan for the first time with VHI. I got a quote in my email and there is a link to follow saying "view and buy online". When I follow that link It is just offering me to give me another quote, no way of actually buying a plan.
what am I doing wrong?
I would also like to avail of this €100, but need to buy a plan first.
thanks

Had to phone them to day as they had no mobile no. on my details and cannot register without it. However in the course of our conversation he told me I can change back my settings (if I wished) after I receive the €100. Isn't this a complete farce! Irish Water springs to mind.

Not really, they can't force you to stick to a particular option and I personally wouldn't want them to be able to. The ROI for them is that 95% of people will stick with the change which will lead to lower postage costs for them and when people already have a DD they are likely to just renew.

I read that it will be made by the end of next week for those that signed before the 1st Sept 18.

The overall deadline has been pushed back to 1st Oct 18

Hi,

Mr. & Mrs. Earl have the same VHI policies, and we successfully got €150 transferred into our Bank in recent days.

Did we miss out on €50 somewhere, as I thought there was potentially €100 per person to be had here ?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Mr. & Mrs. Earl have the same VHI policies, and we successfully got €150 transferred into our Bank in recent days.

Did we miss out on €50 somewhere, as I thought there was potentially €100 per person to be had here ?

Many thanks.

You should get €50 for registration/payments and €50 for signing up for on-line documents. If you have another adult on your policy who registers also you should get €50 for them also.

Hubby registered and signed-up for on-line docs but the system did not appear to have recognised that so he only got one €50. Rang them and they corrected the error at their end and got him to log in agree to receive the on-line docs. As they have extended the date to 1st October he will receive the €50 next month.

Worth your while to give them a call to see if something similar has happened.

Last edited:
€150 is the max for 2 adults...it's another €50 per adult on the policy after that

Mind me asking where you got that ?

Seems a bit unfair to me, if two adults have no connection then each can claim up to €100 pp, so that would be €200 in total.

My understanding is it's €100 per policy for signing up. And then €50 per adult on that policy after that.
So it's all tied into a policy

My understanding is it's €100 per policy for signing up. And then €50 per adult on that policy after that.
So it's all tied into a policy

Sorry, I must be missing the obvious here .. if it's €100 per policy, plus 2 adults at €50 each on that policy, isn't that a total of €200 due ?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It's €100 for the policy incl the main adult on that policy. And then €50 per adult after.
So a nuclear family of 2 adults, 2 kids under 18 = €150

Hi - anyone still waiting on payment?
I signed up last month and it said payment would be made on 1st October - maybe it hadn’t hit my account yet??
Thanks

Hi - anyone still waiting on payment?
I signed up last month and it said payment would be made on 1st October - maybe it hadn’t hit my account yet??
Thanks

We got our additional €50 (as mentioned above) today in bank ac.

Back