Lisney 10% pay cut

xb_deai

Surprised there has been no mention of the Lisney 10% pay cut for all employees in the press. A sure sign of the times! Wonder how many other agents will follow with layoffs or pay reduction.

There has been plenty of people put out of work recently. Alot of estate agency are trimming their numbers unfortunately.

I heard about this too but did not realise it was common knowledge and so thought that was why it didn't make newspapers. If it had been a slower newsweek maybe more of a fuss would have been made?

Lies.

A company cannot lower wages just like that. Perhaps cuts on commission or something but not basic salary.

Just more nonsense from selfish people who missed the property boat the last time, trying to make things sounds worse then they are.

Lisney is definitely trying to implement the pay cut but presumably they have to go into consultation with staff on the matter.

I highlighted this thread to the Moderators yesterday, I'm not sure if one can go around saying Lisney this and Lisney that without backing up the allegations ??? Is it hearsay or are there facts ??

I highlighted this thread to the Moderators yesterday, I'm not sure if one can go around saying Lisney this and Lisney that without backing up the allegations ??? Is it hearsay or are there facts ??

Newstalk had it on the headlines this morning

Heard it on newstalk this morning. Presumably the staff will be more than happy to take a cut if the alternative is redundancy.

The economic gloom is impacting on staff wages at one of the country's biggest estate agents.

Lisney is cutting salaries by 10% from next month in an effort to prevent job cuts down the line.

The company employs 170 people and the reductions in pay will affect staff right across the board, including directors.

If only citizens were as diligent in getting EAs to tell the truth.

Presumably the staff will be more than happy to take a cut if the alternative is redundancy.

Depends on how real that alternative is. They have not stopped selling houses, only they are selling less of them.

Well the EAs will know exactly how many houses they are selling, presumably the alternative seems real enough. I don't see them marching in the streets anyway. Perhaps it was only "in the region of" 10%?

Well the EAs will know exactly how many houses they are selling, presumably the alternative seems real enough. I don't see them marching in the streets anyway. Perhaps it was only "in the region of" 10%?

damn you shanegl, I just snorted coffee all over my monitor!

If anyone has had a bad experience with an Estate Agent in the past, their grievance is with that estate agent, not the entire profession. It's ignorant and wrong to make the following jump: - "I / my cousin / some bloke down the pub dealt with an Estate Agent / Bank Manager / Broker / Solicitor and found him to be rude, unprofessional and/or dishonest, therefore I can justify making negative comments for years after about every member of that profession, the vast majority of whom I have never met or even heard of."

I feel sympathy for the Lisney staff. If the staff number is 170, presumably many of them are administrative positions and may not have enjoyed any substantial bonuses during better times.

Its not really fair to tarnish all estate agents with the same brush but thanks for the kick while i'm down.........cowardly i would say!
There's no kick. If you're an honest estate agent there's no slight on you. EAs collectively have been lying about prices achieved, and when caught they started moaning that if they weren't allowed to lie then they wouldn't publish prices at all. The decent individuals among the profession have my sympathy.

Back