Working Notice

lmd

I handed in my notice today (still on probationary period as only began the job prior to Christmas but hate it as it is not what was agreed in the interview........)

Month's notice = 19th March - HR one (annoyed that I'm leaving) says 'okay then that's 19th March but that's a bank holiday so you can finish up on the Friday 16th'.

I am annoyed because I am now getting done out of a day's pay which is around 120 euro after tax. More annoyed as I am facilitating them by working a month's notice when I could have just given a week.

Is it fair for them to do this? Looked on the usual websites but can't find anything relevant. Not going to chase them on it as don't want bad feeling for the month but I'm majorly peed off...

Does she not just mean that your last day in work will be 16th March, rather than your last day on the payroll? I'd get that clarified.

even if you finish on the Friday, you are entitled to the public holiday Organisation of Working time Act Section 23 (2)

Wow thanks Greenfield (and Trafford), I just looked that up and yes, you're right I am entitled to get paid for it. I was of the understanding that they were trying to do me out of that day's pay but I will now ensure that I get paid for it.

Cheers!

Back