Women's World Cup

It would seem to me that they have a different view.

Not everyone sees the world the same way you do.

That doesn't make them wrong.
No, it certainly doesn’t. We have freedom of speech in this country. Hopefully they will still be the case after the Shinners are in power.
I see Celtic Symphony is no.1 in the charts if we can believe the Daily Mirror
Why would anyone believe that appalling rag (in my opinion)?

In all prob, our next government will have SF as its biggest party. Otherwise put, the people of the Republic will vote in a party who everyone knows would be more than happy to heartily sing the "ooh ha". So the understandable disgust of many on this thread is to be considered in the context of a broader ambivalence. If you vote for SF - and very possibly more than 1/3rd of our population will so do - to what extent are you also joining in on the oohs and ahs?

If you vote for SF - and very possibly more than 1/3rd of our population will so do - to what extent are you also joining in on the oohs and ahs?
If you vote for the Shinners you are saying you are okay with murdering children, because they are okay with it. They have expressed regret that it had to happen but in their minds it had to happen and so was justified.
Some people draw comparisons between the IRA of the Independence struggle and 1916 and the Provisional IRA. Those people are utterly ignorant of the history of this island and our neighbouring one.

I have no truck with Sinn Fein and will never vote for them however I’m hugely interested in how they will approach the question of Worker’s rights when/if they are in Government.
Will they , for example , remove the right of Employers to not deal with recognised Trade Unions as suggested by the SF spokesperson on worker’s rights - Louise O’Reilly ?

I have no truck with Sinn Fein and will never vote for them however I’m hugely interested in how they will approach the question of Worker’s rights when/if they are in Government.
Yes, because that will wash away all the blood.
Will they , for example , remove the right of Employers to not deal with recognised Trade Unions as suggested by the SF spokesperson on worker’s rights - Louise O’Reilly ?
They'll do whatever is populist. That'll probably include introducing the cancer of Trade Unions into the bloodstream of the rest of the economy.

That is very one sided by FOT. He fails to mention the positives from the 'Ra campaign.
Like flying the tricolour is no longer illegal in West Belfast.
The campaign has scared away so many Prods that Taigs are now in the majority up there.
They have made politics in NI so dysfunctional that it is effectively directly ruled from Westminster, and THAT IS a good thing.

This is simply soccer hooliganism. Can't imagine the Irish Rugby team singing IRA songs on beating England in the Six Nations, even if the Ulster players happen to be absent.
Leinster RFC seem to have no problem with the song having played it over their broadcasting system with confirmation following that the team sang it on their returning flight from their win over Glasgow Warriors in May 2019.
The song is presumably a part of their post match celebrations.

Leinster RFC seem to have no problem with the song having played it over their broadcasting system with confirmation following that the team sang it on their returning flight from their win over Glasgow Warriors in May 2019.
The song is presumably a part of their post match celebrations.
Shame on them also.

Ignorance or uncaring. No excuse for either at that level.

Back