Windmill, Porterstown, Clonsilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just received a letter to tell us that our apartment is ready for snagging from today!!

Hi there
Did any body moved in to the Square ???
We bought in Court , we want to buy Curtons etc .. the builder can not give week ends appointment to see the place & take dimentions. if some one who allready moved in can help us ...

regds
siva ram

SRKReddy: There were people in there last weekend (Saturday am) - I presumed snagging or something in no 2 or 3 of the ones nearest the security gate. As a Stationcourt resident I don't think there's anyone actually living there but I could be mistaken. There are lights etc left on sometimes but I've assumed it's been for workmen as the tilers etc do seem to work funny hours compared to the main body of workers on site. The streetlights are not working yet. Also, if you were living there you'd have to get in and out through the security man and gate.

Round Tuit said:
SRKReddy: There were people in there last weekend (Saturday am) - I presumed snagging or something in no 2 or 3 of the ones nearest the security gate. As a Stationcourt resident I don't think there's anyone actually living there but I could be mistaken. There are lights etc left on sometimes but I've assumed it's been for workmen as the tilers etc do seem to work funny hours compared to the main body of workers on site. The streetlights are not working yet. Also, if you were living there you'd have to get in and out through the security man and gate.

Thanks Round Tuit ..

i was talking to the builder .. she told me that i am ok to come & see the place on friday .. thanks for the Updates..

Anybody have the builders or architecs contact details and are they approachable about enquiries?? And anybody ask about altering the layout (making one bigger/smaller) at any stage??

hi there you can get this builder info from the flynn or from the website ..

[broken link removed]

hope it helps ..

Hi Folks,

I see that the 3 bed duplexs in Windmill are now at 390 which seems steep. Do you have any idea how much these were going for a few months back?

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the info posted already...a lot more info than what I've been given from the estate agents and builders. Have bought an apartment in Windmill Terrace and have heard nothing about contracts, completion date etc. So frustrated at the mo so just wondering if anyone in the Terrace has any more details worth sharing. Last I heard was completion date in May (not likely!) and still no sign of contracts!
Cheers, JM

Hi, My apartment is in the Terrace aswell. I believe the contracts are being held up because Fingal Co. Council haven't passed the fire certs. I called them last week and they said there's an extension until 28th April on them so the contracts won't be issued by then anyway. Rang Flynn's but they didn't even have the information on the Fire Certs. I reckon it'll be around August before they're completed, the roof is still going on at the moment and scaffolding around the building too.

just a quickie everyone. was wondering if anyone knows how much the 2 beds under the duplexes are going for now?? and does anyone else think they look smaller than 670??

hi,
Has anyone heard anything since about the contracts for Windmill Terrace? I've seen the apartments and most of them have now got the kitchens in place and the tiler said he would be doing the tiling in the next few weeks so progress has been made and it seems crazy that the contracts haven't been issued!! My patience is wearing thin so if anybody has some positive feedback that would be appreciated at this stage

I don't know which one the Terrace is but Kimpton Vale have applied for planning permission to raise the height of some apartment blocks, and change the configuration of parking: See www.fingalcoco.ie: "Planning Apps.
Posted: 19/04/2006
FINGAL COUNTY COUNCIL Kimpton Vale Limited intends to apply for planning permission to amend a previously permitted residential development, permitted under register reference 02A/0358, by the omission of 131 no. dwelling units and the construction of a four, five and six storey apartment block with an eight storey corner element; accommodating 210 no. apartment units and resulting in an overall increase of 79 no. units; reconfiguring and extending the underground car-park permitted under file 02A/0358 to provide a single underground car park of 277 no. underground car parking spaces; providing 106 no. surface parking spaces; providing two landscaped courtyards and including landscaping, water and foul sewer infrastructure and all ancillary site works; all to be accessed via the permitted access under register reference 02A/0358, through St. Mochta's Estate onto Clonsilla Road; on a site of 3.36 hectares; permission is also sought for the construction of a pedestrian and cyclist access from the proposed site to the existing distributor road, known as the Diswellstown Road on a site of 0.07ha; all on a site bounded to the north by St Mochta's Estate, to the west by the Diswellstown Road and to the south by the Royal Canal and the Dublin-Sligo rail line, at Porterstown, Clonsilla, Dublin 15. The planning application may be inspected or purchased at the offices of the Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Fingal, Dublin 15 during normal office hours (Monday to Friday 9.30 to 15.30). A submission or observation in relation to the application may be made in writing to the Planning Authority on payment of a fee of 20 within a period of 5 weeks, beginning on the date of receipt by the Planning Authority of the Application." Perhaps their attention is elsewhere . . .

You could be right there. I just found out that the Windmill Terrace Fire Cert application has been extended to the 26th of May now with the Fingal County council - really put on the back burner!!

Are you serious? I was hoping for a bit of good news after the April deadline. Though can't say I'm surprised. Totally fed up at this stage. Over a year waiting for a contract...must be a record.
Can anyone shed any light on this fire cert issue? I can't understand that if the apartment block is almost completed, how can any major changes be made on fire regulations and planning now? Its a bit late in the day. I presume theres more at issue than a few smoke alarms and fire extinguishers!
Also it would be really good to hear from anyone who's moved into The Court or Square. Was the delay worth it?? Desperately need to hear some good news. So close to telling them to keep their apartment....

Hi everyone,

We bought a 3 bed in Windmill court last october, recieved contracts and all that pretty quick. Snagged it last week and got a call on thursday to say it was ready, double checked it and as expected there were a few small things. I guess we'll be signing on tuesday provided all is completed. I was pleasntly suprised when I saw it, they are very spacious, lots of light, finishings are different modern taps, nice fireplace..... It was worth the wait.
Like some of you we had a terrible time with the super cool,,, auctioneer, so we went directly to the builder. His right hand woman was very helpful and the foreman also.
I wonder does anybody know who is going to manage the property and if so are they any good???????

New developments are managed by the builder until it is completely handed over, ie all phases are complete. Then a Management Company will be set up which all owners will be members of and you will elect a Board. Usually the Board then hires a Managing Agent (you don't have to, you can do it yourself) - there are various, and you can change if you are not happy with who the builder has initially gone with.

On that note I'm a close neighbour (in Stationcourt) and I've noticed that satellite dishes are already appearing on the walls. They are not premitted on any visible walls in Stationcourt and our management company are quite strict about it which I'm very pleased about as they look god-awful and once one is permitted the whole place is quickly blighted by them. It is in our leasehold document that they are not allowed, so it can be enforced. I wonder if any of you who have already signed know if they are actually allowed in Windmill - if they're not this is the type of thing you need good management for as if small things like this are let spread at all it becomes a big issue and is hard to stop then.

Round Tuit said:
and resulting in an overall increase of 79 no. units;
great another 79 units.......they keep squeezing them in.......hope it gets refused..........clonsilla is destroyed already with traffic problems couple of years ago it was a quaint little village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back