Windmill, Porterstown, Clonsilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goosey

The bollards further up the access road were knocked over by a car accident, I'm surprised no action so far by council to sort it out. If I overlooked it like the houses in St Mochta's estate do I think I'd be harassing them.

I'll stick to harassing council re the state the road is being left in daily. Yes they have a cleaning truck on site permanently but they don't clean very often and when they do their own builders private cars are usually covering up all the debris on the road. The debris is left by cement etc deliveries which can be made anytime from 5am to 8/9pm, then the builders come and park EVERYWHERE, which is another problem entirely, along with their paer cups and lunch wrappings they leave all over the place.

Hi again, does anyone who bought one of the 2 bed ground floor apartments have the correct measurements of the bedrooms? I rang Kimpton vale today and got some very disturbing figures for the main bedroom. Looks like it will barely fit a double bed and at that it will be hard to open any kind of wardrobe! Kimpton told me they didn't have floor plans to send me and Flynn & Associates dont seem to have them either! Could anyone please fill me in on the REAL dimensions. I bought a cancellation so didnt see any of the original literature.

Hi Narky,

The original literature did not give individual room dimensions. Kimpton surely have plans some where. We asked too, and like you we had to go to Flynns where they gave us the individual measurements of the rooms.

What annoys me is that there has to be a complete floor plans of all the levels of the apartments and the duplexes and for some reason Kimpton don't want to give out the info....Feic sake, we only want to buy furntuiture and things and the exact measurements would be helpful...

It's not as if they just made the the buldings from the top of their heads...oh hang on, we're talking about builders....maybe they did

Hi there ..

I too bought a 3 bed in windmill , it is in windmill court ..
i got the dimentions for the bed rooms & hall , kitchen etc ..
we are looking about the kitchen .. i mean in the kitchen plan ( Qk living ) it is accomidated only for the single door ( small one ) not the dubble one .. so we are thinking how to go about it ..

if any body changing their kitchens please advive us .. how to about it ..

redgs
siva ram

Hi There,
I too have bought a 3 bedroom duplex in Windmill Square. I also had terrible trouble trying to get contracts. I did get my contracts at the end of Oct (i put my deposit down in March). My sol had a few queries though in relation to the contracts but found the vendor sol would not answer any of these. The result was that last week my contracts were cancelled by the builders. To say i am very angry is an understatement. I have found this whole process a disgrace. From the start there were no contracts, no one would give me plans of the house, no dimensions of the rooms to buy furniture, estate agents (we all know who we're talking about here) were brutal and unhelpful and now they wont go through with the sale. I had even made changes to the kitchen, changes to the electrics and was sitting here waiting for snagging - thinking that everything was in order.I am a 25 yr old female doing this by myself which is very hard and now i think that it was easy for them to cancel my sale and re-sell for higher. I'm disgusted. So be warned people this could happen to any of you. I know that my solicitor was also at fault here but none of this should have happened. I'm fighting very hard for them to re-instate my contract but i'm basically at the mercy of the builders. So if anyone else has any similar experiences or any words of wisdom, let me know.

Hi Narky, I have no idea but you should ring and find out because that sounds like a huge issue! Mine is the third block and I went up before Christmas to take a look and then again last week, looks like they haven't added another brick to it. I've been given May as a completion date which I find pretty unrealistic. No sign of the contracts yet. I did call about the kitchen a while back but its probably a bit early. I don't like the ones they had in the marketing suite so was just going to get different doors on them but I suppose another 2 months or so will do to call about that. I better double check the room measurements though. Will give Kimpton a call today.

I heard that some peole are geeting their snag listing done .. in this first phase appartments .. any updates ???

Hi there,

Myself and my boyfriend have bought a ground floor apartment in Windmill Square (1st phase). We haven't got any information about the snagging yet. I am trying to find out if our apartment does have a diswasher connection but after many phone calls and e-mails to Flynn and Kimpton Vale I still haven't received an answer. Does anyone know if the kitchen units in the apartments do fit a diswasher?

Hi there ..

You are better talking to Qk living .. they can give you a kitchen map ..
we are buying a 3 bed duplex in the court .. it contains the dish washer connection( from the kitchen dimentions what we got from the Qk) ..

Well we saw last week ( from out side) .. i think in the square first 10 houses are looking ready.. when i was on to the Kimption they mentioned that some hosuses are ready for snag lisitng etc ..

All the very best ...
ready for it .. you may get calles at any time..

Just put a (refundable) deposit on a 2 bed 2nd floor in Windmill. Anybody know if it comes with fully fitted kitchen with applicances n all??! By the sounds of the previous conversations I think ill be movin around July/August as I visited the site and its still a pile of bricks on d ground. ANd I was told its gona be around 678 sq ft however by the sounds of you guys, I should get it in writing - kinda hard as the agent keeps sayin that theres no plans available yet. Wots say we all get our mortgages n build a housin estate ourselves??!!

Hi customerite,

Kitchens are very standard ( well that's what they say ) , no Electricl
applances are given are given ( we first thought they are giving ). if you want to change or some thing better contact Qk living , they can change for you ( with a cost .. ). In general compared to other builders i fet they are ok in time keeping .. one of my friend waited for 8 months after the scheduled date with another builder.. i hope they may be delaying 1-1/2 months that's good defenatly for the weather conditions( in perticular decemer - jan ) i bleive .. well our apprtmets are for Feb end .. excepting snag listing in Mid of march .. which is not too bad ...

All the very best ..

So does that mean that I dont get a cooker, fridge, washingmachine etc with the kitchen?? Plus I payin €310000 for a 2 bed 678 sq ft apartment.....anyone else payin that or am I being ripped off.

Cheers

Hi customerite,
bought the one in winmill court 3 bed 1210 Sq feet ..

Well the case with us is no cooker .. no fridge, nowashingmachine etc with the kitchen

may be diferrent .. check before you sign any way ...

I also bought a 3bed duplex in windmill court.
Called QK living they were pretty helpful, they emailed me the kitchen plan and also posted me out a coupled of brouchers in relations to buying the kitchen electrics(fridge,cooker,etc) from them, which gives me a starting point in relation to fitting out the kitchen.
Wasnt too impressed with the fact that only a single tier fridge is accommodated for in the built in kitchen, guess you can just have a stand alone 2 tier and use the void left for the fridge as a cupboard..
Still no snag list or contact from anyone in relations to completion date.
So will realisticly be another 2 months at least.

I have contacted QK living too and they promissed to post me the kitchen plan and brochures but I haven't received anything yet. Does your kitchen fit a single tier fridge, a cooker, a washing machine and a dishwasher?

yeah thats what is on the plans i got.
just ask QK, i think caroline was the person would emailed the plan to me.
It only gives the build in kitchen details not the entire floor plan of the room.

Thanks, I rang Qk again and they were very helpful indeed. Unfortunately, there is no space for a dishwasher in our apartment so any other people who have bought a ground floor 2 bed apartment in Windmill, be aware of this!

Hi,
I'm not buying in your development but noticed your questions about dimensions.I have been told by my solicitor that builders will never give out dimensions due to them possibly having to make adjustments during the building process( a wall built an inch too far/close etc.)

Hi customerite,
I have put a deposit down on a two bed apartment in Windmill terrace and had initially looked at a two bed that was 678 sq ft in the same block for the cost you mentioned. If this is the same apartment, one the first floor, that you have bought I would query the kitchen size with the estate agent as they mentioned that the kitchen would be significantly reduced due to the lifts in the apartment cutting into where the kitchen was designed to be placed.
I am still waiting on specs so not sure why dimensions I am loking at yet.

I have being waiting 3 months longer than originally told. Its always one thing after another. My apartment is also 678 sq foot and comes with nice size kitchen. The only problem is that I can only fit a small fridge and making room for a larger one is going to cost more. I had a look at my friends one the other day and its looking quite nice. Nice kitchen and the floors are really shiney!! Just dying to move in : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back