Who's not paying their fair share?

I have provided more than enough evidence that large scale bank failures do not result in a total collapse of the banking system or blood on the street, but you choose to deem them insufficient. There is absolutely nothing that would support such an idea, except for the "too big to fail" concept, which is purely fallacious.

No you haven't. For anyone to suggest that Ireland could have survived BOI and AIB failing is absurd. How long did Iceland last following the collapse of their banks?

My sister in law recently received a nice lump sum and retired from nursing, now has gone back very part time and gets better pay than ever.....it's a joke

My sister in law recently received a nice lump sum and retired from nursing, now has gone back very part time and gets better pay than ever.....it's a joke

It's not unusual in many industries that part-time casual staff get paid more on an hourly basis than permanent staff. The reflects the fact that they have no holiday pay, sick pay or permanency.

No you haven't. For anyone to suggest that Ireland could have survived BOI and AIB failing is absurd. How long did Iceland last following the collapse of their banks?
That is not an argument. You could reverse it and ask by what experience would a bailout of the Irish magnitude not lead to sovereign default and blood on the streets?
Icelandic banks collapsed, and people went to the streets to and polls to stop the government from bailing out the bond holders (over 90% voted No). Iceland did not get catapulted into the stone age, and is now in a position to rebuild its economy on more solid foundations. Now I am always skeptical of government and IMF issued data, but Iceland is expected to return to growth this year (), that is more than Ireland can boast.

It's not unusual in many industries that part-time casual staff get paid more on an hourly basis than permanent staff. The reflects the fact that they have no holiday pay, sick pay or permanency.

Indeed, non-permanent contract pay is always a good but higher than full time pay. These situations do make a good point though for taxing pension income.

Last time I checked Iceland was still there!!!

Last edited:
Back