Where to buy in Finglas? (south west end, Scribblestown Road)

I know there's no train station in Finglas, but across the Tolka there's broombridge station. That is 15-20 mins walk from the southern side of finglas, and the train would be 10 mins into town giving a 30 minute commute. The downside is 15-20 minutes walk is only for good days, and broombridge station seem to be a target for vandalism. I believe plans are mooted to build a new station, but who knows when... Scribblestown Rd is not technically off Cardiffsbridge rd, and seems nice in and of itself, but Cardiffsbridge rd is essentially what links it to the finglas "mainland", to borrow a phrase from somewhere else. Anyway, from this discussion, I'm thinking to wait a bit and keep an eye on things. Besides anything else, prices of places we like seem to be slowly coming within our reach!

I think you should drive this area at the weekend at night (scribblestown) and then drive up around finglas east (McKee, Clancy, Glasnevin Avenue) you will see a notable difference.

Hi there,
mig - would you not think of mellows road - I know the houses are older - in general the areas are more settled - and the houses themselves are very well built - but you are much nearer ammenities and bus routes. The only area around cardiffsbrige that is dodgy is around Virginia Park and near the Dunnes....

There is also Abbotstown ave, and just off that - "the Key" these are very nice roads and are very settled - we lived there for 3 years...
Do you also have to buy a house - would you think of an apartment?

I know there's no train station in Finglas, but across the Tolka there's broombridge station. That is 15-20 mins walk from the southern side of finglas, and the train would be 10 mins into town giving a 30 minute commute. The downside is 15-20 minutes walk is only for good days, and broombridge station seem to be a target for vandalism. I believe plans are mooted to build a new station, but who knows when... Scribblestown Rd is not technically off Cardiffsbridge rd, and seems nice in and of itself, but Cardiffsbridge rd is essentially what links it to the finglas "mainland", to borrow a phrase from somewhere else. Anyway, from this discussion, I'm thinking to wait a bit and keep an eye on things. Besides anything else, prices of places we like seem to be slowly coming within our reach!

Broombridge Station is earmarked for closing - should be happening pretty soon.

Seriously though, if I had a choice between buying in Finglas West or not buying at all, I'd pick not buying at all.

Forgot about Broombridge Station. Not a pretty place. Couldn't leave a bike there thats for sure.

if I had a choice between buying in Finglas West or not buying at all, I'd pick not buying at all.
I am sorry but I take exception to that - we bought there a few years ago and neither of us are from Dublin so yes - it was a bit of a shock - we found in general our neighbours were fantastic - now you wouldn't go walking down Cardifsbridge road at night. But we lived there happliy for 2.5 years. It was always a step on the ladder..
There are certain areas I would avoid and to be honest any where near the village is fine. The further out you go yes there are problems.

No offence, but pinkyBear, you'll never make an estate agent...
I'm not trying to become one! The reality is the OP is looking to buy in Finglas - and parts of it are not bad, however there are parts that are very bad - and nearer the village is better than most of the other areas in Finglas West..

Back