What's Your Favourite Song Intro?

:D:)

Nice one.

I just noticed your location. I guess I could change mine to "In the town where I was born".

Homer

I'm going to sound like a looney tune now but I absolutely love love love the into to "Working 9 to 5" by good ol' Dolly P :D

I'm the worst morning person, and for a whole year I used to have the CD played ready to go each morning... I'd reach out my hand and press the play button, and BAM I was alive and kicking!!!! Gotta love Dolly!!

I'm going to sound like a looney tune now but I absolutely love love love the into to "Working 9 to 5" by good ol' Dolly P :D

:) No, I hear ya, I hear ya...

I can't pretend to love the song but's well crafted and the intro is definitely a good one.

Like sweet home alabama, but my favourite intro has to be very close between sweet child of mine - guns n roses and under pressure - queen.

Dearg Doom - Horslips

Celebrate...an Emotional Fish

The first one that popped into my mind was Do It Again by Steely Dan

I also like the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

And The Boys Are back In Town by Thin Lizzy

Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners

The song isn't the best but i love the start of 'i don't like Mondays'

Jangling indie guitar, followed by 'Punctured bicycle on a hillside, desolate' ;)

Just best intro?

Dire straits, money for nothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZEzWwKJnY&feature=fvsr

Love the intro to Gimme Shelter by the Stones - spinetingling !
All excellent, excellent tracks.

Diamond was cool once....
He is cool again - check out his recent album produced by Rich Rubin (who also produced Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Johnny Cash)

My own personal fave intros would be;

Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello
London Calling - The Clash (or the Boss, who's being doing it live)
Copperhead Road - Steve Earle (bagpipe intro)
The Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana unplugged version (originally by Bowie)

Was just reminded today and even though I know it is a rip off of an dearg doom, but we have a few celtic ole's at the start....put em under pressure for Italia 90.

It's 20 years to the day that "a nation held it's breath" and both Packie Bonner and Dave O'Leary did us proud. Who would have known what was ahead - the rise and fall of the Celtic Tiger, paper property millionaires who owned a semi in a half decent suburb, etc. It was a great time to be Irish - we need something like that to lift us out of the current gloom and doom.

Heard it on the radio this morning and took me back!

Thin Lizzy's Rosalie came up on the iPod today and I thought of this thread. Bic Runga's Drive is another great intro, at the opposite end of the musical scale.

Anyone listen to the Paul McLoone show on Today FM last night? A 3 hour show dedicated to best intro songs!! Some classics in there that aren't mentioned here, like Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock (although ye could pick a handful of Smashing Pumpkins songs easily) and The Stone Roses - I wanna be adored. Was a great show.

Back