Whatever happened to Wispas?

Folks this not doing the willpower any favours. Drooling from the chops reading this thread and can feel the body expanding with the mere thoughts of savouring the new beautiful "special one" (as opposed to the thoughts of savouring the former beautiful "special one" which got the sack a few weeks back.;) By the way is there a sugar free, calorie free, points free version available????????:confused:

Wispas have arrived in Drogheda - yippee!! Bang goes the diet this week......and next week.....aah!

(newsagent in Laurence Town Centre if you're still searching!).

Now that we know where to get Wispas (and where they have yet to arrive), what are people paying for them?

I've bought 3 in the past week....shop 1 (Drogheda) charged 85c, shop 2 (Dublin) charged 1 euro, shop 3 (Drogheda) charged 72c.

I remember the days (fadó, fadó....!) when chocolate had a standard price no matter where you bought it :)

Now that we know where to get Wispas (and where they have yet to arrive), what are people paying for them?

I've bought 3 in the past week....shop 1 (Drogheda) charged 85c, shop 2 (Dublin) charged 1 euro, shop 3 (Drogheda) charged 72c.

I remember the days (fadó, fadó....!) when chocolate had a standard price no matter where you bought it :)

Finally got one this week. Ah it was only okay...LOL. I paid 80c in Killaloe for one. Then I saw them in Kerry and decided to buy a box for my sister in law- there are forty eight in a box and shop charged me twenty five euro for the box which works out at, er, is there an accountant in the house?

Finally got one this week. Ah it was only okay...LOL. I paid 80c in Killaloe for one. Then I saw them in Kerry and decided to buy a box for my sister in law- there are forty eight in a box and shop charged me twenty five euro for the box which works out at, er, is there an accountant in the house?

Last edited:
I decided to get one today to see what all the fuss was about. Can't really see what's special about them, only managed half a bar and threw the rest away.

I decided to get one today to see what all the fuss was about. Can't really see what's special about them, only managed half a bar and threw the rest away.

:eek: :eek:
Isn't it a mortal sin to throw chocolate away....?!!

Was in a shop this morning looking for one and the guy behind the counter said that they can't keep them in stock they are selling so well...

Thankfully they are fairly ubiquitous at this stage.

Yeh me too...give it a few weeks and there'll be a new internet petition to bring back beefies (aaw i loved them..like burger bites but tastier)!!

Just to mention, it seems Wispas are back again!!! Just picked up a couple in the Spar shop on Merrion Row off St Stephen's Green.

Yum!!

I've seen them around too, local shops can't keep up with demand...apparently it's people of a certain age that are buying them :D

..still nothing on the MSG heaven that were Monster Munches....mmmmm...

daithi

I bought Monster Munch multi-packs in Tesco (I think) recently.

Was very disappointed to open a bag & find mincey little Monster Munch beag inside, not the full-size ones I remember.:(

And yes, I know my hands have probably grown since then!

In fairness, they did taste pretty much as I remembered.

Closer to being on Topic...mmmmmmmmm.......Topic...........

I'm delighted to see Star Bars are back too! That Moro thing they brought out as a substitute was woeful.:D

Starbars!!! I clocked them the other night and it didn't occur to me that I'd missed them. Grew up with them in the UK but had to cope with Moro when I moved here.

Maybe the Wispa on the counter beside them distracted me :D

...and apparently Starburst are reverting to Opal Fruits.

Now that there appears to be a retro vibe, what I want to see is the reurn of a real oldie - anyone remember Spangles? :)

Back