Whatever happened to Wispas?

V

Vanilla

Anyone out there know if Wispas are still for sale? Obviously this crucial question is deeply troubling me and I would be grateful for an early response...

wispas....

They've been relaunched as cadburys dairy milk bubbly but their shape has changed, the are now segmented into 5 or 6 pieces, instead of the old bar-type shape.

If you feel very strongly about it you could campaign to bring back the wispa. It worked a few years back when kellogs changed coco pops to choco crispies

I had a caramel one the other day, but it didn't quite convince me.

I've noticed too. Myself and my brother were wondering about it at Christmas. Only problem is the bubbly dairy milk just doesn't taste the same. Thanks for reminding me - I'm off to the Cadbury's website to see what I can do (don't have much faith in this, complained about yorkie changing from six segments to five bigger segments when that happened a few years ago and was told that they had done extensive research to prove that it was a good change. Hmmm, maybe I should try devoting this energy to a more worthwhile cause.)

The Chocolate formerly known as Wispa

wispa1a.jpg

Search Results on the Cadbury's UK website

Search: wispa
Found: 0 pages
Categories: 0 categories

Didn't find what you need? Search again below.

There are four google hits on the ie website: (btw Wispas are gluten free)

Re: Sad Chocoholics

Me thinks we have a bunch of sad chocoholics in this thread. :)

Re: Sad Chocoholics

Hmmm, chocolate. I'm going to get some now.

Re: I love Edel Herbe Sahne

I have become an addict of the Lidl Edel Herbe Sahne (burgundy coloured wrapper) bar of chocolate. It's divine!

It costs €1.29 for 200g. I usually buy it in bulk 6 bars at a time - I just love my chocolate! It has 46% coco solids. It has a really good taste.

Lidl has other premium chocolates at €1.59 - 46%, 60%, 70% coco solids - I'm doing a control test on these at the moment. :)

I have to educate my palate to the higher coco content. I notice that I now find regular chocolate way too sweet.

Marion :hat

Re: Too much chocolate!

Marion, Marion, Marion, have you never heard a minute on the lips a lifetime on the hips! ;)

Sueellen

Have you not heard how good chocolate is for ones health and wel-being - a satisfactory trade off and sure why else do we pay expensive leisure centre fees? :)

Marion :hat

"Have you not heard how good chocolate is for ones health "

I have but find a glass of wine (bottle) more to my liking :)

choco stuff

Girls, indulge yourselves and have both. aldi bottle of californian merlot with the aldi chocolate orange tree bars. As nice as terrys chocolate orange, half the price.

buy a wispa online, more sweets delivered to your door through the magic of the internet. Never thought Id ever pay for a 2p jelly on the visa.

"Never thought Id ever pay for a 2p jelly on the visa"

Sad, sad people :lol

Get this subject back on track...fecking Whispas....my favourite chocolate bar ever...
Those so called bubbly replacements are a sham...I note that the bubble context is totally different...far bigger. The Whispa had incredibly fine bubbles, almost like sieved chocolate one might say.

Gutted now even thinking about them....

Re: ..

Looked on the cadbury.ie website and tried the contact us button but it just brings you back to the faq. Only email address I can find is for recruitment. Anyone else have any luck?

Also went to a website on Clubman's google list above and I guy there wrote to them in the UK and got back a letter along the lines of the one I got about yorkie before - thanks for letting us know but we're right. Although they did say that they might re-introduce it someday.

Re: ..

"Girls, indulge yourselves and have both. aldi bottle of californian merlot with the aldi chocolate orange tree bars."

Red wine & high cocoa content choc....two things that frequently provoke problems with the inner ear / balance system.

Boys & Girls, If you feel dizzy ( but not drunk :D ) then go easy on these things.

I'm feeling even more vunerable now....just noticed after reading this that one of the cups in our kitchen here in work is for Wispa Gold.....SOB SOB

Back