What/What Not to Buy at Lidl/Aldi

Interesting article in the Business section of today's Daily Telegraph saying that Tesco are revving up to compete with Lidle and Aldi on cost. Also says that Lidl/Aldi are great value and that this is now being recognised by many "middle-class" shoppers.

Hey! Anyone for an Indian curry. Lidl's are exceptionally good. Meat excellent, rice just so and lovely sauces. Their Prociutto is as good as Parma for a fraction of the price, the beers good value, some great wines and their weekly specials grace many an Irishman's toolbox. Guten Appetit!

Interesting article in the Business section of today's Daily Telegraph saying that Tesco are revving up to compete with Lidle and Aldi on cost. Also says that Lidl/Aldi are great value and that this is now being recognised by many "middle-class" shoppers.
Funny how Lidl in NI were running those ads on UTV with the snobby dinner guest complimenting the food and then slagging off Lidl only to discover that the woman of the house had shopped in Lidl. They never ran similar ads here although obviously many viewers will see these ones now...

Makken der valentins perfekt fur der fraulein mit desen pressize
I'm sure your loved ones will be delighted with the present.
Is that a picture of you? ;)

Marion

Hi DrM

I'm sorry to hear your bad news.

The toe straighteners on the Lidl page appear to work.

Hope they help to get you back on your feet again. ;)

Marion

mrs cu very keen to get one of those fancy weighing scales on sale tomorrow. €30. says they are least twice that elsewhere. probably be fairly limited number for sale in each store.

Aldi organic smoked salmon was treated with great respect over the Christmas ! Very good value at 3.99

I only bought it because they were out of stock of the regular, better value and larger 2.99 euro salmon. However I second the opinion this was a really fantastic salmon with a fantastic flavour. What would have put me off was its smaller size. But I really enjoyed eating it.

There is a lovely German Weisbeir, Schofferhofer for sale in Aldi, 1 euro 79 cent for a 500ml bottle.
I love the stuff, great taste to it and keeps it heads excellently and doesnt go flat really quick .
The same bottle of beer is on sale in Dunness in their premium beer section for 2.49 euro per bottle.

Would recommend this beer to anyone

There is a lovely German Weisbeir, Schofferhofer for sale in Aldi, 1 euro 79 cent for a 500ml bottle.
I love the stuff, great taste to it and keeps it heads excellently and doesnt go flat really quick .
The same bottle of beer is on sale in Dunness in their premium beer section for 2.49 euro per bottle.

Would recommend this beer to anyone

Agreed, it's fantastic beer, on a par if not a wee bit better than Erdinger

I saw catmilk on sale in Lidl today!
Many (most?) cats are lactose intolerant.

PS In case you weren't clear, it's milk for cats, not milk from cats...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back