What/What Not to Buy at Lidl/Aldi

However, I wouldn't mind having a set of dry, cheap waterproofs from Lidl available after I've been soaked to the bone and working on deck for 4 hours.

However, I also would not mind a fast, exhilerating sports car from Lada, after I have been bored to tears and shaken to the bone in my bmw and porsche....lol. Lidl own brand sailing gloves are 20 euro and last as long / are of a similar quality to the other Lidl clothing. You can buy a proper pair of sailing gloves by a tried and tested brand name manufacturer ( who are actively involved in the sport ) from a sailing shop ( who is able to give advice + back up ) for the same sort of money. Plus you can use a credit card. Plus you can get them 51 weeks a year, not just the odd week Lidl decide. No contest.

Any chance we can move on from the debate on the 20 quid gloves...it's nearly 3 weeks and they've probably worn out at this stage ;)

Agreed. Let's look to the future.

I'm expecting a big rush on [broken link removed] in the Limerick store next week, whatcha reckon? :)

Not of the medical variety, no. Those fools at the Academy took exception to my ambitions for world domination... ;)

I'm expecting a big rush on [broken link removed] in the Limerick store next week, whatcha reckon? :)

It looks great but what about those of us who have a crappy knife block already which they paid much more for (like me). Do I throw my old one out :(

Im too green to do it :(

any truth in the rumour that Louth have new stab proof jerseys for the Limerick game?

back to the real subject. Those toffees for 75c in Aldi are the business.

back to the real subject. Those toffees for 75c in Aldi are the business.

I love the tear&share Brioche - usually finish half of it on the drive back from Aldi!

Got their Minute steaks last night and fried them - really nice. Bord Bia approved Irish Beef traceable to cow etc etc. 4 for 2.99. S Quinn charge 2.99 for the same amount of mince!

just back from aldi and they seem to have stopped stocking the Prosciutto Cotto Be Light ham...I LOVE it and am mourning its loss. The fact that it was in the Be Light range meant that I could eat twice as much ;-)
Has anyone seen it in any other Aldi store?

Would I be right in guessing you're not a real doctor?

I thought medical 'doctors' were not really doctors and only people with a Ph.D were real doctors?

Anyway that is entirely beside the point. Lidl are now stocking hazelnut icecream which is rather nice.

Aldi - the feta cheese in oil (think it's E!.99) is the ONLY salad dressing I use since tasting it - it also makes a really yummy sauce for pasta.

Egg Mayo from LIDL is nicest ive ever had ,really really gorgeous , ALDI do this gorgeous ham brannigans crumbed ham and its gorgeous even nicer than shaws and half the price, ALDI honey hoops and honey nut cornflakes are really nice kids love em

hi guys n gals try the tapas snacks they are to die for also all their breads(nan,au pain du chocolat etc.) are all good too.the frozen minted lamb chops are great as well and the sirloin steaks are also excellent value thats my rant for today over cheers big ears???

Egg Mayo from LIDL is nicest ive ever had ,really really gorgeous , ALDI do this gorgeous ham brannigans crumbed ham and its gorgeous even nicer than shaws and half the price, ALDI honey hoops and honey nut cornflakes are really nice kids love em

Nearly sure that the Brannigans Crumbed Ham is Shaws. The packaging is the same and there is a producer ID stamp on the back that is the same as Shaws.

Lidl have had some very nice produce the last few weeks - things you can't even get at Tesco! Lovely apricots, fresh cannelini beans, potted herbs. The potted herbs are a steal at Aldi or Lidly for just about a euro - Tesco cut herbs cost more than that!

Very disappointed today after shopping at Aldi in Claremorris. Various items were out of stock , they don't seem to be restocking as fast as they do in Castlebar...
BUT when I opened their chocolate and orange cake, it seemed very dry and then I spotted the sell by date:26th July.
Has anyone else had this problem? - I think I will have to back to shopping in the Castlebar branch for now.

They're not in until Thursday and I don't think that they've sold them before (at least not in Ireland).

Don't know if it's new but it's new to me:

Brie with green peppercorns from Aldi

wonderful! :)

Back