What to do in Wales/England

The Pool Boy

I'm thinking of taking the car to Wales/England via Holyhead, two adults 2 children 5 & 3 years of age.

Can anyone recommend places to go and stay 1st week in August....?

Maybe have a look at the Visit Britain website? It is an awfully large area to cover in recommendations :)

Coming in at Holyhead, you'd probably best stick to North and Central Wales, that would include a huge swathe of beaches, Snowdonia, etc. You'd be able to visit Liverpool and Manchester also. Perhaps Stratford-on-Avon, Bath, there are plenty of options and that website does seem to be pretty informative, including a whole section devoted to travelling as a family

Enjoy!

Thanks so-crates. That site is helpful...I've been to Bath and enjoyed it.

I had planned to stay somewhere near Snowdonia that would make it accessible to going to Chester Zoo.

I suppose if anyone had any hotel recommendations with swimming pool that would be near this area it would be of real benefit.... Preferably 4 star (or 3 star superior).

And any other specific tourist attractions in that area would be appreciated.

Hi we visited a little spot seaside town called tenby it was really ice huge beach and I though it was the best ever.

Its only about 20mins drive from Pembroke.

Regards,

J

Check out the "Wild Pheasant" Hotel in Llangollen. Close enough to Chester and plenty to see/do in Llangollen and the area round it; Horseshoe Pass is particularly good drive. Hotel is 3* and has a very nice spa. Food is at least 4*.

They are part of a small group of hotels, all in the same general area, so if you can't get the one there are others to choose from.

Can't give you the website at the moment but Google will find it.

www.wildpheasanthotel.co.uk (Just had a qiuick look on Google)

Have to agree about Tenby was there about 5 years ago and thought it was nice,it also has these 2 attractions in driving distance,i would imagine the 2 kids would enjoy these especially the folly farm, check out these sites www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk or www.folly-farm.co.uk was at both of these and thought they were good.

Back