Key Post: Going On Holidays To Wales !

S

sueellen

I was thinking of travelling over to Wales for a while.

Would anyone know which towns are the well-known laid-back holiday towns?

Maybe the Welsh equivelant of Galway?

Re: Going On Holidays To Wales !

I was in Swansea visiting some friends in university recently. I had a blast - great night life and "The Mumbles" just outside swansea has a very laid-back holiday town feel to it with some nice beaches.

Carmarthen

Carmarthen is similar to Galway in many respect, and places to the west of this are fairly much like Ireland. The further east you go the more 'urbanised' it becomes.

Enjoy your visit.

Some other posts

Slim
Short Break in Wales

We are interested in travelling over to Wales(with 3 kids, 9-14)for a short break in July. Are any of you aware of camping/holiday parks within reasonable driving distance of Fishguard/Pembroke?

Also, how about links to London if I wanted to go up to London for a day on business by myself? I have very little concept of scale in Southern England/Wales.

Thanks

Slim

Sueellen
Short Break in Wales

Hi Slim,

Have you had a look at [broken link removed] or www.irishferries.com/ or [broken link removed] They might provide some useful info.

Have gone only to Alton Towers and went thru Holyhead with both Stena Line and Irish Ferries. Found Stena Line to be better. Sorry can't provide any further info. :)

Back