What besides toilet paper would you bring to a desert island?

Day 3 in Paradise. A rather boring day, really. It was good to be able to spend the night with a roof over our heads as the tropical storm raged outside but the rattling of the sash windows had poor Christy Ring howling all through the night! I tuned into the BBC's World Service to hear the morning news. I have a long wave radio which Bubbly Scot smuggled to us in his bag pipes, along with the e-transmitter I'm using to post this message and one or two other very useful items also. Nothing much in the news really except the bit about Brian Kerr's new job and something about Smashbox and SandraT not fancying S.L.F anymore. Women! Such fickle creatures! :rolleyes:

With no Beamish to drink, I gathered a few coconuts that were blown off their trees in the storm, while pondering what we'd have to eat for breakfast. Suddenly, Christy and myself were startled by what seemed like a pride of lions attacking a zebra in the forest nearby. On investigation, we discovered S.L.F.'s missing dog being savaged by Welfarite's two rabbits! Being the brave Cork dog that he now was, Christy went for the rabbits in a fashion that the great Cúchulainn would have been proud of and, in no time at all, the main course for breakfast was taken care of!

S.L.F.'s dog, resembling a cross breed terrier more than a boxer, was badly traumatised, both by the attack by the two vicious rabbits and by being rescued by a dog wearing a Cork jersey! I tried to lead him back to the hut but to no avail. If only I had a dog lead, I thought, I could.... Of course! Davy Jones's G-string! In no time at all, all three of us were back at base tucking into barbequed rabbit, the tin of Ambrosia cream rice that Bubbly had smuggled to us and coconut milk.

This area of the island was devoid of the large trees that S.L.F. had tried to obstruct our progress with and soon, myself and my two canine companions were on our way towards the happening side of the island. Progress was slower than we would have hoped for as S.L.F.'s still traumatised dog walked around in circles in a vain attempt to bite his own tail. As he did so, he emitted a weak and hoarse kind of whimper and, with this in mind, I decided to name him Jake, in honour of a good friend of S.L.F.'s! :D

By 6 o'clock (judging by the angle of the sun in the sky), we decided to stop for the night. We were now in a wide clearing and, in the centre, was a large, white 20 ft letter H inside a larger white circle and, carved on the bark of a nearby tree was.."Smashbox was here! And I haven't gone away, you know!"

Confused, we settled down to sleep. In no time at all, Christy was out for the count. The same could not be said about Jake, however. As he lay shivering on the ground, with his eyes closed, it appeared to me that the poor creature had something terrible on his mind........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

As you are no doubt aware I'm an experienced window restorer, my windows don't rattle.

It's not surprising my dog was moaning all night because it was not the windows rattling it was snakes.

What's so bad about a lorry load of beer?

You can bring 1 match and the book.

Rabbits huh!!!

What do you want to bring rabbits to the island for?

Why one match when you've made concessions to others?!? Oh ok so, The one match I'd bring would be myself and Halle Berry....

Rabbits to breed like rabbits so I wouldn't starve.....

something about Smashbox and SandraT not fancying S.L.F anymore
We never really did, it was all a plan to get our windows done ;)

carved on the bark of a nearby tree was.."Smashbox was here! And I haven't gone away, you know!"
I can be kinda stalkerish sometimes... sorry!

Christy Ring and myself have decided that, regardless of whatever happens , by hook or by crook, we're getting off the island today. I'm on my second day without a pint of Beamish and, while I've read "Peig" aloud twice over the last few days, I've missed the opportunity to be able to converse about doom, gloom, health levies, income levies, increased C.G.T., cross-border shopping, G.D.P, public service workers as enemies of the state, bank bail-outs, recession, depression, budget defecits, I.M.F., S.L.F. and the new Cork Hurling Management Team! This morning's breakfast, in keeping with events in the Motherland today, was a frugal one of berries, nuts and the last can of Spam from Bubbly's bag pipes. With no coconut trees in the vicinity, we were forced to drink nectar from the abundant flowers. As sweet as honey but could never come close to Beamish! :)

Jake had chewed Davy Jones's G-string to pieces during the night but, luckily, was sufficiently well to walk with us without having to be dragged along. Towards night fall, we reached our destination. What a let down! The village consisted of a few mud huts, a run down looking pub and what resembled the Community Hall in Killinaskully.

A neon sign flashed on and off over the door of the pub with the inviting slogan- "Beamish - The Beer of Beers." As we walked towards it, I noticed a large poster advertising a concert to be held in the Community Hall tonight, starring S.L.F. with special guest, Smashbox, and with a supporting cast of Caveat, Davy Jones, Welfarite, SandraT (in deep disguise), Ancutza, Ophelia, Pique318, MOB, NorthDrum, UptheDéise, and Purple on piano. It was due to start at 9pm. I checked the sundial in the village square. Five minutes to the start of the concert. Great, I thought. Time for one quick pint.

The barman, a tall imposing Scotsman, spoke with a sorrowful look on his face. "All my Beamish is sold out, Big Mon! Tonight's artist's were in for a wee dram earlier and they drank my hoose dry! That Purple guy, the piano player! Aye! Couldn't get enough of the Beamish! Finished the keg on his own, he did! Dunno how he'll play a note tonight"

Dejected, we left the pub without replying to the Scotsman. In our haste, we mistakenly left through the back door but, to our delight, right in front of us was Smashbox's helicopter!

A quick examination revealed keys in the ignition and a full tank of fuel. Good Old Smasher, I thought! Always prepared for a quick getaway! Having strapped Christy and Jake into their bucket seats, I started the engine and prepared for departure. It was exactly 9pm. The concert was about to begin and nobody would hear us taking off. Maybe I should take one peep in the door before I departed, I thought. Just one quick peep......

What I saw and heard amazed me! What Smashbox heard horrified her! The supporting cast couldn't believe their ears!

As we lifted off into the night sky, I couldn't help chuckling to myself. S.L.F. would never be able to look me in the eye again......................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxQp3Hy5nk :D :D :D

Cowan and his bunch of muppets and I'd leave them there.

As imaginative as ever Lex.. I do love this island. Will ya come back for me?

Don't mind the others..

As imaginative as ever Lex.. I do love this island. Will ya come back for me?

Don't mind the others..

Oh Smash, I love it when you beg! :D

Of course I'll be back for you. After yesterday's budget, your country needs you!!!!!!!!!

Back